pictures of log loads then and now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know it dont look like 4 horses could move that, they could be laying
down planking to slide it on, but the guy standing next to the horse's
dont look like he fits in with the rest of the guys:Eye:

Why cause he dosen't have a head?:D
And the guy with his arm on the load, must be a trust worthy guy, yikes!

Nice truck, Spanky. Is it yours?
Thanks, it's my father-in-laws. It's the only thing he has ever bought brand new. He is pushing 70 and still climbs to crown manage tree's the bucket truck can't get to.

My usual response to him is "yes sir" and "no sir".:D
Spanky

Thanks, it's my father-in-laws. It's the only thing he has ever bought brand new. He is pushing 70 and still climbs to crown manage tree's the bucket truck can't get to.

My usual response to him is "yes sir" and "no sir".:D
Spanky

Good that way you'll stayed married.:D

I'm looking for a truck like that. A flatbed, but I need one to do long distance. Five hour rides.

But after looking at some of these pics I'm thinking of getting a horse.:laugh:

hey ray benson great big wheel pic. i did start a big wheel thread
did you see it, here in the forestry and logging forum

more pictures:cheers:

Some cool pictures guys! Bigmac, in pic 23 there is a picture of a cable loader with an extended wooden boom or snorkel. Do you know where that picture was taken?
I worked with loaders rigged like that. A good operator could grab a log waaay out there. If I remember right the poles were about 30' long or longer.

log loads

bigmac....thanks for the pictures. We still get three log loads every once in a while but nothing like the timber in some of those old photos. They're much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back