Pictures of the Stihl MS362.... but for real this time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now pull the jug so we get to see some ChiCom quality :blob2:

Man, this stuff is getting real old. I hate it too, but it is what it is.

I can only hope that it is as good as our Mexican built Dodge hemi pick up, my Chinese made Redwings, our assembled in India John Deere tractor/with Chinese gear boxed brush hog, my Chinese Raybestos premium rotors/pads..........you get the point.

Sadly, the Chinese Raybestos "Advanced Technology" rotors had a MUCH better fit and finish than the previous North American ones.

Yes, you went fishing and I took it bait, line, and sinker! :cheers: It will be awhile before I can report on the 362 operation results.

I have to think the dealers have at least 10% leeway to discount this saw, if not more.

Last edited:
The 3 cover "screws" only require a 1/4 turn to release,then the filter and cylinder/plug are all exposed under the one piece cover. What I thought was a drawback actually works very well.
I believe that it will work just fine - just wonder what happens when time and wear has taken its toll?

A scrench is with me anyway.....

Man, this stuff is getting real old. I hate it too, but it is what it is.

I can only hope that it is as good as our Mexican built Dodge hemi pick up, my Chinese made Redwings, our assembled in India John Deere tractor/with Chinese gear boxed brush hog, my Chinese Raybestos premium rotors/pads..........you get the point.

Sadly, the Chinese Raybestos "Advanced Technology" rotors had a MUCH better fit and finish than the previous North American ones.

Yes, you went fishing and I took it bait, line, and sinker! :cheers: It will be awhile before I can report on the 362 operation results.

I have to think the dealers have at least 10% leeway to discount this saw, if not more.

And, (never thought I'd say this..) I'm driving a Hyundai Sonata rental car while my Buick is in the shop getting repaired from my most recent deer kill. The car drives, handles well, is quiet, 30 mpg, fit/finish is quite good. Not that I would buy one, but...it just goes to show 'ya.

And, (never thought I'd say this..) I'm driving a Hyundai Sonata rental car while my Buick is in the shop getting repaired from my most recent deer kill. The car drives, handles well, is quiet, 30 mpg, fit/finish is quite good. Not that I would buy one, but...it just goes to show 'ya.

Hyundai has come a long way in the past few years. They make very nice cars now. I'd chose them over GM in a hearbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Ford, and Chrysler. I'm a auto mechanic, I see lots of things with these cars, and you just shake your head.

Hyundai has come a long way in the past few years. They make very nice cars now. I'd chose them over GM in a hearbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Ford, and Chrysler. I'm a auto mechanic, I see lots of things with these cars, and you just shake your head.

Kinda like having to tilt the motor forward in my Buick just to change the back 3 spark plugs! (3.1L.)

Well... Stopped by the local JD (and therefore Stihl) dealer on the way home. They didn't even know what I was talking about. "362? That's not a model, you must mean 361." Took three sales guys until someone remembered the new sheets that came out. $689 with a 20" bar. Unreal. They didn't even have RSC chain there. What a joke.

Well... Stopped by the local JD (and therefore Stihl) dealer on the way home. They didn't even know what I was talking about. "362? That's not a model, you must mean 361." Took three sales guys until someone remembered the new sheets that came out. $689 with a 20" bar. Unreal. They didn't even have RSC chain there. What a joke.

Flash,

Don't feel bad. One of my local JD dealers tried to tell me that the 361 was a strato saw several months ago, and "Couldn't legally" sell me RM or RSC chain without a commercial account.

$689.00 huh...
Not bad really considering the Nose Bleed prices Husky has gone to, and ya get a really good bar and chain with it.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Flash,

Don't feel bad. One of my local JD dealers tried to tell me that the 361 was a strato saw several months ago, and "Couldn't legally" sell me RM or RSC chain without a commercial account.

Hmmm - RSC is standard here - the RSC3 and other "safety" variants aren't even offered.....;)

Hmmm - RSC is standard here - the RSC3 and other "safety" variants aren't even offered.....;)

Troll,

It's standard here as well. This Boob just got cornfused between some sorta liability driven company policy and law.

Then again it's likely they only stock boxed Homeowner loops for the Yuppie JD Lawnmower crowd in that area.

The same dealer had a salesman trying to talk me into one of those cute little overgrown 20hp lawn mowers for $40,000.00 cuz' it would do everything I need on my farm LOL!!!!
Idiots are everywhere.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Troll,

It's standard here as well. This Boob just got cornfused between some sorta liability driven company policy and law.

Then again it's likely they only stock boxed Homeowner loops for the Yuppie JD Lawnmower crowd in that area.

The same dealer had a salesman trying to talk me into one of those cute little overgrown 20hp lawn mowers for $40,000.00 cuz' it would do everything I need on my farm LOL!!!!
Idiots are everywhere.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Maybe if your farm is like the ones around here w/ 7 acres and two horses.

Ah ha! I see your john deere dealer is just like the one around here!

Troll,

I hope so, but I have heard about the same story multiple times earlier.... :bang::bang:

...and the US Stihl website points in that direction as well....:bang::bang:

Last edited:
The dealer is set up for those sorta estate farm yuppies though.

The bad thing is that this dealership is big AG dealer. I really wish Stihl wouldn't have done this. Really makes me think less of them as a company. I expect the salesmen to know more about their own product than I do.

Video-
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EGIKZ1f6N8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EGIKZ1f6N8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Video-
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EGIKZ1f6N8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1EGIKZ1f6N8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice vid. Doesn't look like your getting any vibrations at all. Is the av system that much different than the 361?

Latest posts

Back