Pictures of the Stihl MS362.... but for real this time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zombiechopper

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 361 was always recommended over the 357xp and 359 because of....wait for it now......WEIGHT! 361 is best in class power to weight. This new saw is a fine saw I'm sure, but its porky. Gotta wait to find out what Husqy has coming in 60cc to decide if the 362 will still be best in class.

dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
All this comparo talk of weight....

362 vs 372Xp etc.

The 362 is a Strato and a Pepsi Generation saw.

The fair comparison would be to the portly 576XP, as it too is a Pepsi generation saw. In that regard, the 362 did OK.

Whatever Husky does, it's gonna be a challenge to keep the weight in check as seen with the 455 and 460 and the lard butt 576XP.

Kudo's to Stihl for a good first effort in the premiere class.:clap:

Strato sucks.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Knuckles

Knuckles

ArboristSite Operative
Yep, I think its ugly as a mud fence. But if it runs good, screw the looks.

I'm not sure If I like the way it looks or not, not that it really matters but I'll reserve my opinion for when I see it in person and run it. Whats the specs on it compared to the 361?

It looks like a chainsaw to me:crazy1: Not sure what you two thought it would look like?

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
I've got 15 on mine and the filter is starting to look "not new" anymore but far from having to be cleaned.:bowdown:

Ya think those Husky cats will do another saw dust pile up commercial on these new Stihl's. I reckon if they don't then we'll have to do it, man payback is a bit-ch,LOLOLOLOL

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Ya think those Husky cats will do another saw dust pile up commercial on these new Stihl's. I reckon if they don't then we'll have to do it, man payback is a bit-ch,LOLOLOLOL

From what I seen on the 2171 I had, Stihls system is better. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the XPs design though, being a newer model or older. Can't say I care either.:D

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
From what I seen on the 2171 I had, Stihls system is better. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the XPs design though, being a newer model or older. Can't say I care either.:D

I can , my 441 stays cleaner than my 372 and my 372 sits most of time puking,LOLOLOLOL

FATGUY

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm excited

For the record, my favorite saw that I own is, hands down, my 361. Those that know me know how much I love it. However, the 362 looks like it's a better saw. Truley. After the 50 cc saw class, to me, weight makes less and less difference. ( to a degree). The weight complaint seems silly and I'll show you why. The MS361 weighs 12.3lb and makes 4.4hp. Therefore every pound of weight makes 0.3577hp. The 362 weighs 13lb's and makes 4.6hp. Therefore every pound of weight on this saw makes 0.3538 hp. That's a staggering .5% decrease in power to weight ratio. See what I'm saying?....You'll probably never feel the weight difference. I speculate you will feel better fuel economy, less filter maintenance, reduced noise, reduced or as good AV. I can't wait to run it. It looks like Stihl scored a hattrick on this one to me; Power, maintenance, fuel economy.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
I forgot to ask is this a demo, or are they shipping these? I checked this morning w/ N.E. Stihl and they don't have any yet.

Mid-Atlantic doesn't have them either, I'll be the first man in my area to try out one as soon as my rep brings one over. I intend to squeeze him out of it and take it on home,LOL