Piggyback gas and bar oil can....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these?
17010_L.jpg

I tried to order one from Baileys today but they can't ship to PA...can't find one anywhere else, anyone seen them anywhere else? i'd love to mount a file and scrench to the handle and not have much at all to carry around the woods..

could have sworn I posted this earlier today, can't find it, must not have hit submit...

I had one of those years ago it was a great setup! Mine did reach it's end with the front wheel of the truck though.:cry: I went to get another and was told they can not be sold in Pa anymore:cry::cry:. I also would love to get my hands on one. ( Or 2 or 3 )

I will take a different stance on them....

The oil and gas spout stores in the tank, when you turn it around to use it, the oil-spout gets covered with everything. Contaminating the oil when you restore it.

They don't pour real well as the waved flex seems to have it's own idea on how it delivers fuel and oil, it's was easy for me to over-shoot if trying to fill in a hurry.

When I first seen them, I had to have one, when I used it a little, I had to get rid of it.

It went with the next saw I sold as a free-be, I told the guy what I thought of it and was glad to see he might use it.

Not a dis on Baileys at all, I just happen to not be a fan of that jug.

I will take a different stance on them....

The oil and gas spout stores in the tank, when you turn it around to use it, the oil-spout gets covered with everything. Contaminating the oil when you restore it.

They don't pour real well as the waved flex seems to have it's own idea on how it delivers fuel and oil, it's was easy for me to over-shoot if trying to fill in a hurry.

When I first seen them, I had to have one, when I used it a little, I had to get rid of it.

It went with the next saw I sold as a free-be, I told the guy what I thought of it and was glad to see he might use it.

Not a dis on Baileys at all, I just happen to not be a fan of that jug.

I agree. Would much rather have two seperate jugs, without those long spouts.But some people really like them.

I have one, I agree that there are a few things that could be better, but I like mine well enough to continue using it. I never store the spouts inside the jug, I simply put the block off discs back inside the spout, the only thing you have to do is give the bar oil side enough time to run back into the jug before plugging it back off. That can be an inconvinence any time I have to lay something down it increases the chance of loosing it.
You do have to get used to "hitting the hole" because it is easy to overshoot, but that's a common problem with me on lots of things. I bought the one I have locally, and have never been able to find another, thought it would be nice to have different mixes ready so I can grab any saw and the appropriate jug and go. That's my 2 cents fwiw.

Anyone else?

Does anyone else find that they spill MORE gas with the new CARB-approved containers. I know CARB's beef with the old style is the vent, but for me, I spill more now than I ever lost due to evaporation from the tiny vent holes.

I spent 3 months working in California....beautiful state....never want to live there. Nothing against the people or the scenery, just their legislation.

i have the non CARB piggy back. got it from a supplier in jackson, ms. took the spouts off and threw them away.

my only complaint is the caps, they're two pieces and not solid - super glue comes in handy though.

Does anyone else find that they spill MORE gas with the new CARB-approved containers. I know CARB's beef with the old style is the vent, but for me, I spill more now than I ever lost due to evaporation from the tiny vent holes.

I spent 3 months working in California....beautiful state....never want to live there. Nothing against the people or the scenery, just their legislation.

I agree, I make more of a mess with the CARB spouts than I ever did with the old gas cans. It's another instance of law makers "fixing" problem that never needed fixing. They sure are good at making things worse than they found them.

I have to agree with your opinion of California, too. We have created a monster of bureaucracy and unfortunately what happens in California usually finds its way into national govt.
Dok

I'm going to have to try those piggy-back cans. I can see the spouts being a pita. The containers that bar oil comes in are too thin, I usually get a hole in them before the bar oil is gone. I also like the idea of having one unit for both mix and bar oil, less chance for me to forget one or the other. Hmmmm....
Dok

I always thought this would be the cats meow! I even found a guy on ebay (overseas) that made and would ship a handy tool pouch that went around them. Slick stuff!
Then I got to thinking about it. I already carry two gallons of mix. And when cutting heavy, it's nothing for me to go through a gallon of oil in two weeks. Why jack with the hassle of doing an odd fuel mix and having to fill up the oil all the time?
I got a plastic milk crate, carry what I need in it, leave it in the truck. When the saw is out gas I am ready for a drink of water anyway!

Thanks!

This thread would have been better 2 weeks ago before I bought mine from Bailey's. Mine is brand new unused. Anyone from PA want it? $13.95 +ship:confused:

i'd buy another one but not until i can find one that comes with a full cap... the current one i have is a two part cap, which is another PIA

John Ellison
Yes that's up around Anderson/Daleville/Chesterfield if I remember right. I'm over by Richmond

Yes if the cap was on the end of the spout instead of between the spout and can would be an improvement. Also the spouts could be clear would help you see better when the contents were about to spill out all over your saw. But they work for me.

i have the original pig. i use it every day (wish it held a little more fuel and oil) the trick with the oil spout is cut it down to were the last rib is left that way it'll be controlable. and yes if they sold the orig in ca i would buy a couple.

Anyone have one of these?
17010_L.jpg

I tried to order one from Baileys today but they can't ship to PA...can't find one anywhere else, anyone seen them anywhere else? i'd love to mount a file and scrench to the handle and not have much at all to carry around the woods..

could have sworn I posted this earlier today, can't find it, must not have hit submit...

Look into on of those No-Spill gas cans. Bailey's sells them. They work real nice and are great for fuelin saws and trimmers. Legal in 50 states.

Latest posts

Back