Piggyback gas and bar oil can....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant you guys get a real kombi-can in states? something like this

Combi_can_H410-0164_1968.jpg

Got quick-fill spout on gas side and normal one on oil side, holds enough gas and oil for full day in the woods easily (~6liters of gas and ~2liters of oil) and holds your tools too...

Digging that Husky one...found a picture of it on the US site....can't find it in the products section though...calling my dealer now...found a european part number from a ebay auction in England....google rocks...

Got quick-fill spout on gas side and normal one on oil side, holds enough gas and oil for full day in the woods easily (~6liters of gas and ~2liters of oil) and holds your tools too...

We can hope to come across someone like you that willship them to us. But they willnot sell them, they do not meet emmision standards here.

anyone is selling one of these in US? it's a husky part #

I called my dealer today with the european part number and he coudln't find it, I'm calling back later to see if he dug it up. Looks exactly like what I want, says it has a spot to hold a file between tanks....that nozzle doesn't look much different that the stupid new carb ones...
part number is 505 69 80 55 if anyone else's dealer can find anything....he said the format was right for a US part number but it came up as non-existant

If they don't sell them in the US they are teasing us as there is a picture on the US Husky site http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/company_technical_innovations.aspx

Not fair bragging about the "technical innovation" if you won't sell it to us!!

Anyone know if these are available in Canada? I'm not THAT far from Canada :) Would hate to ship one from Europe though...

Wish we knew...ask California :) It's a venting thing....we have these stupid annoying caps now that vent themselves...or something...all I know is they make a mess, they pour neatly half the time....

Screw CARB

Take a sharp nail and punch a hole where the vent "should" be then, use a golf tee to plug it for transport. Those CARB compliant gas cans are a PINTA:clap:

i'd buy another one but not until i can find one that comes with a full cap... the current one i have is a two part cap, which is another PIA

Just a little tip.
Get a tube of Seal-All and run a little bead around the lip of the outer (screw on) ring. Place the flat piece in and twist 1/4 turn, screw it on the empty jug and leave overnight.
Presto, one piece lid.:)

If you're stuck using the "glug glug jug" that the EPA want's us to use now. Take a self tapping screw, and screw it in where the vent should be. Use the screw for a plug.
I don't golf so the golf tee's aren't handy for me. I do however screw.:laugh:

Andy

Just a little tip.
Get a tube of Seal-All and run a little bead around the lip of the outer (screw on) ring. Place the flat piece in and twist 1/4 turn, screw it on the empty jug and leave overnight.
Presto, one piece lid.:)

If you're stuck using the "glug glug jug" that the EPA want's us to use now. Take a self tapping screw, and screw it in where the vent should be. Use the screw for a plug.
I don't golf so the golf tee's aren't handy for me. I do however screw.:laugh:

Andy

seal-all it is, thanks andy :clap:

Alternative Nozzles??

17010_L.jpg

I too wanted to try one of these "dual jugs" but they won't ship to Texas. :(

Assuming I can find one elsewhere, has anyone tried using a different nozzle that is CARB compliant and "controllable"? The attached photo is a style that is sold at Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Hardware and appears will fit standard threads. I like it because it has a positive shutoff and allows you to throttle the flow.

Just a thought....

attachment.php

17010_L.jpg

Assuming I can find one elsewhere, has anyone tried using a different nozzle that is CARB compliant and "controllable"? The attached photo is a style that is sold at Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Hardware and appears will fit standard threads. I like it because it has a positive shutoff and allows you to throttle the flow.

Just a thought....

attachment.php
I almost bought one of those at wally world, Do they work good. If so i will get a couple.

Alternate Gas Jugs

Stihl Sawing, yes they work well and the price is right. You also can just buy the nozzle to add to an existing jug. I keep several in the back of my truck and 4-wheeling into a site they bounce around but don't spill. They also come with a cap to place over the spout to keep debris out.

17010_L.jpg

Just a thought....

attachment.php

i use one for strait gas but it is a pima and they dont release pressure

my freind bought 20 or so, so i "barowed" one during the winter and still cant find the remains after i put a couple of incindiari rounds through it

The Husky Combi Can is officially not available in the US or so says my local dealer, he called Husky for me...they said they sold it about 10 years ago and still do in Europe but no luck for us...

They work great if you ditch the nozzles and use the appropriate gaskets in their place. HINT: Poor from the side.....much easier!

Back