PILTZ: Master HOT SAW builder (...not)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about his oversized sprockets - has anyone used them? Feedback?

Philbert

That is somewhat true, especially, if you are able to modify drive sprockets to fit. What it does not take into effect is the tensile strength of the chain 'chassis'.

In other words Oregon, STIHL, etc., expect 3/8 low profile chain to be run on saws up to a specified power and bar length, and size the components (tie straps, rivets, etc.) accordingly. Higher power saws, and longer loop lengths, put additional stress on these components, increasing the risk of failure. Chains intended for larger, higher power saws, have heavier duty components.

If it's on eBay, you can file a report/complaint.
I have an oversized sprocket on my Super EZ and I'm not a fan of it even with a smaller .325 chain..

The thing is that he sells some decent stuff along with the scammy “hot saws”. I’ve ordered chains from him before and they were very competitively priced new Stihl chains. They were shipped promptly too.

I didn’t really realize who I had ordered from until I saw the invoice, but the chains were as advertised.

I don’t know why you chumps are so down on the Pulitzer. I bought the hotrod kit from him for my 16” power saw which included the hi-flow fuel filter, high compression spark plug, a couple of power bands and a pair of western dawgs . At no charge he included a green weeny and a Stihl whoopey cushion.
Now it’s hair straight back in the bush!
Just remember, it’s not sawdust, it’s man glitter.

I see this thread has been active for some years but has trailed off. Well i'm reviving it. I had never seen a Mr Putz Conversion, and just came across it on E bay. After 10 minutes of research, I now know who started this whole, 'I Identify as...' business. Now, devils advocate, Mr Putz's converts can identify as anything they desire. If one wants to be, lets say, a scalp massager, then they have that right. Just as long as Mr Putz personally tests them, as what they state to be, starting with the PUTZ CONVERSION MS170 SCALP MASSAGER. We must be accepting and open minded about these things now. We can over look silly things like safety, recommended operating parameters based on years and thousands of hours of in-field testing, common sense, physics, etc. Just like Mr Putz and his 'Really Rad Shinny Huge Barred Saws'. Cause that makes you cool.
BTW Can any of you squat like this? Im only 49 but haven't been able to do that in about 10 years. Its the whole, I actually use these saws to work with, that makes squatting like that very painful. Wonder how Mr Putz can do that at his age? I guess maybe he has a trainer that taught him that stance at his boyfriends urging..
1687088578436.png

Latest posts

Back