pine lot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASEMASTER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have 200+/- 100'x14"-28", 4.5'up white pine that will bring top quality I would like to clean this lot up and take off all dead branches. ? how do i climb and not hurt the tree bark and would it be fesibale to do such.
I would like to give the lot a few more years of growth but it's along the road and in my front yard.

If you are not trained in arborculture work then you need to hire someone who is to climb the tree for you or you could get hurt/killed.

Husky372 said:
The only thing removing the dead branch's will do is improve visability. It wont add value to your trees.
thanks for the info. just thought I'd clean them up a little . and what is the going price now +pulp?

Husky372 said:
The only thing removing the dead branch's will do is improve visability. It wont add value to your trees.

Yes and no. It could add property value for the aesthetic improvement. As far as timber value goes, these trees are commercially mature, and the growth has probably slowed to the point that it woul dtake many years for significant clear wood to form over the cuts. Now, if they were pruned up to a log length (at least 16 ft) in two raises when they were much younger, I would say he would have some more valuable timber now.

Spiking all those trees could invite a pitch moth infestation attracted to the fresh resin (if done in the summer). I would use a pole saw, then a ladder and a flip line. You would also want to avoid cutting in to live wood.

Back