Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about 5 different exiting mufflers. Anywhere from front to side to rear, and a couple in between. I personally do not know if one is better than the other performance wise.

Lots of Pioneer Parts

I found this one on Kijiji and thought some of you Pioneer guys may be interested. It's only about 10 minutes from me. I could have a look if it helps. I'm don't have any Pioneers but like seeing saws and saw parts find good homes. The link is below. Pictures and text below are from the actual add. Enjoy!!!!

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-of-Pioneer-Chainsaw-Parts-W0QQAdIdZ158777290

"I have a wide selection of new parts for old and newer pioneer chainsaws.Includes; chains, carb parts,points, coils,recoil parts, pistons, cylinders,guards, sprockets, wiring, mufflers, air filters etc...Make an offer and it probably won't be refused. $250 obo"

Theoretically, the best option (performance-wise) should be the one that has the exit opening most in line with or closest to the exhaust port of the cylinder. However that would also likely be the loudest option.

Having said that I doubt there's much difference, just that some might be better suited for certain applications - e.g. milling or falling horizontal cuts as opposed to vertical bucking cuts. For instance saws with a side-discharge muffler & engine design are nice for milling use, since front-discharge ends up extremely close to the log for a prolonged period of time, which can cause the saw to overheat, start fires, and burn your fingers with hot exhaust on shallow cuts, not to mention that the exhaust fumes are coming up right in your face.

I found this one on Kijiji and thought some of you Pioneer guys may be interested. It's only about 10 minutes from me. I could have a look if it helps. I'm don't have any Pioneers but like seeing saws and saw parts find good homes. The link is below. Pictures and text below are from the actual add. Enjoy!!!!

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...-of-Pioneer-Chainsaw-Parts-W0QQAdIdZ158777290

"I have a wide selection of new parts for old and newer pioneer chainsaws.Includes; chains, carb parts,points, coils,recoil parts, pistons, cylinders,guards, sprockets, wiring, mufflers, air filters etc...Make an offer and it probably won't be refused. $250 obo"

Thanks for thinking of us Pioneer guys. :) Someone hear may be intrested.

Hey Fellas
I am just starting to get into collecting and restoring old Pioneer chainsaws.It would be great if some of you guys that are into Pioneer saws could show some pictures of your Pioneers.I currently am starting with a P25and1073.It seems to me that there are a few saws in the pioneer line up that have the same specs but just a different model number. Does anyone know why? For example the P25 and the 1073 .I think they are identical except for the starter .I have briefley looked thru printed manuals I have and sort of came to this conclusion.May be I should be a little more thorough before starting this up.But would like to see some pics from Pioneer lovers.
Many thanks
petesoldsaw

Oddly enough the only 2 Pioneers I own are a 1073 that runs and a P25 I got for $1. I can tell you that I have ripped them both down far enough to say this. The only difference I can find are the way the handle mounts to the case, the starter cover aesthetics and the biggest difference is the P25 has a double ringed piston, 1073 has a single ring.

FYI There is an old Pioneer cylinder listed on eBay now. Ad says PN 124622 but I don't know what that fits. Wish Jerry's computer was working as he will know what this is. Ebay item number 270461475669 and I will try to post a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pioneer-Chai...d=p3286.c0.m14

Rob, that looks like a P10 or P12 cylinder... one of the Frontier or TML produced saws.

P10 crankcase/cylinder

Yep, it sure is! Just pulled up the P10 IPL and oh well, thought I had found something useful... A Frontier wearing the Pioneer logo...cough, wheeze, gag, oh the horror! :censored::jawdrop:

Rob, that looks like a P10 or P12 cylinder... one of the Frontier or TML produced saws.

P25 again

In theory I should get my clutch removal tool finished (which I will post a pic of) this weekend. Once I get the clutch off the P25 what comes next? Unbolt the jug and slide it off the piston right? Then remove every bolt I can find and in theory the case should split in half?

Or am I on the the wrong track...

In theory I should get my clutch removal tool finished (which I will post a pic of) this weekend. Once I get the clutch off the P25 what comes next? Unbolt the jug and slide it off the piston right? Then remove every bolt I can find and in theory the case should split in half?

Or am I on the the wrong track...

You're on the right track. If you need to pry the cases, try to do it where the tanks don't meet. At the rear there is a good spot with a bit of a gap already. I think all of the bolts that hold the case together come in from the flywheel side. Don't forget to remove the oil pump... and don't lose the three rubber grommets underneath. If you need parts, I have many for that saw. They are a fairly straightforward saw to disassemble.
Brendon.

You're on the right track. If you need to pry the cases, try to do it where the tanks don't meet. At the rear there is a good spot with a bit of a gap already. I think all of the bolts that hold the case together come in from the flywheel side. Don't forget to remove the oil pump... and don't lose the three rubber grommets underneath. If you need parts, I have many for that saw. They are a fairly straightforward saw to disassemble.
Brendon.

Thank you for the advice and confirmation (again). :cheers:

Parts

Ed, I bought the parts. MS260 Fan is going to pick up the parts and ship them out west for me. I got them for half price bacause he just wanted to get rid of them. I'll let you know what's in the lot when I get it. I know there's at least one good jug in there. :)

Brendon.

I had a feeling you might. I bet you can't wait to see whats all there, heck I can't wait to know! You will have to let us know. I think you got a great deal just looking at the pics. :clap:

I have a feeling that MS260 Fan will pull through for me. The deal hasn't been quite sealed yet but if so, it might be the best parts deal I've made so far. I'll post some pics of everything when it gets here, and of course much of this will be available to you guys on the site. I'm really hoping for some hardware to complete my P52W project. It's the one thing holding me back but have my fingers crossed.

I have a feeling that MS260 Fan will pull through for me. The deal hasn't been quite sealed yet but if so, it might be the best parts deal I've made so far. I'll post some pics of everything when it gets here, and of course much of this will be available to you guys on the site. I'm really hoping for some hardware to complete my P52W project. It's the one thing holding me back but have my fingers crossed.

Sounds good...I'm up for a NOS P-45 piston and rings, or just piston since I have a lot of rings...

Latest posts

Back