Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USAFretired

USAFretired

ArboristSite Member
P60 parts

Since I seem to have no luck searching, I'll come right out and ask.

Are there any good parts resources for trying to get my P60 (freebie) running? If I hand-prime the carb it will kick over, but it won't stay running. I might need to start on an easier project before tackling something of this magnitude I think.

You might want to try this place. This link is for the IPB for your saw with part numbers http://www.rottmansales.com/IPLs/Pioneer/P60.pdf. You can contact them via email to see if they have what you need. If it crosses over to a Poulan part number they will tell you what it is.

Joe

WesternSaw

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
splasher and chewy78

Welcome aboard the Pioneer thread! Lot's of very talented fellas here that can help you out.Best of all there are some real Pioneer Gurus!
Brian and Joe have given you a good start with the information they have provided.I would think others will come along as well.This is an awesome thread!
Lawrence

sawbones

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
was digging in my shed a couple days back and found a few more pioneers.

the newer one says 41 and some letters. cant remeber but maybe had a c and w in it.

the 14 20 is cool looking and in decent shape.

the 1110 has a homelite starter on it?

CIMG4116.jpg

dual exaust:)
CIMG4117.jpg

propliner

propliner

ArboristSite Guru
Splasher, I agree with Busmech, a carb kit will likely do the trick for your P61.

Chewy78, can you send a picture of the original mount? I might have a bar for you. The bars you are looking at need too much modification for the 1100 and leave the metal thin by the oiler hole.
Brendon.

propliner

propliner

ArboristSite Guru
Sawbones, that orange saw is a Pioneer/Partner P42CBW. The predecessor was the Pioneer P42 Western. It is essentially the exact same saw but after the merger it was sold in different colours and was given a different name.

chewy78

chewy78

ArboristSite Member
Splasher, I agree with Busmech, a carb kit will likely do the trick for your P61.

Chewy78, can you send a picture of the original mount? I might have a bar for you. The bars you are looking at need too much modification for the 1100 and leave the metal thin by the oiler hole.
Brendon.

Well I'm looking for a bar that is in good shape. I bought this saw on ebay and with a little mixture fiddling I got it to run with a 50-1 mix of arctic blue. When i stuck the bar on after i got it to run the chain barely moves, and and it is hard to rotate the chain with my bare hands. So I looked at the bar and it seems to have been worn a v shaped groove on top where the chain rides. I'm sure i can get a new chain made up for it . But the bar is worn out.

yes i can try to send a pic

Last edited:
sawbones

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sawbones, that orange saw is a Pioneer/Partner P42CBW. The predecessor was the Pioneer P42 Western. It is essentially the exact same saw but after the merger it was sold in different colours and was given a different name.

thanks for the info, I had shot a pic of the ID tag but it blurred out.

this will go well with the 62,51 set I have started

Just digging around the shed? What else might you find...

Thats a good question:monkey:

I have been trying with no luck to get Jacob over here to help me answer that.

So for now I just keep searching the world wide web for answers.

this is were I found them, one of 6 trailers.
I dont get out there much but after watching this thread I started looking for them. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3GG9D2CUms&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3GG9D2CUms&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

briantutt

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thats a good question:monkey:

I have been trying with no luck to get Jacob over here to help me answer that.

So for now I just keep searching the world wide web for answers.

this is were I found them, one of 6 trailers.
I dont get out there much but after watching this thread I started looking for them. :)

>

That's sick...:cheers:

RENNIE

RENNIE

ArboristSite Member
Howdy Fellas
Hope everyone is doing well. STILL LOOKING for that elusive air filter cover for my 1074. So i figured I'd throw that out there once again. I know you guys wonder where I disappear for 6 months at a time, but thats the music part of me travelin a lot & gigging during the summer. Writing new songs & trying to sneak work in on my saws in winter. Anyway now about that air filter....

Rennie
www.rennieneubecker.com

briantutt

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Howdy Fellas
Hope everyone is doing well. STILL LOOKING for that elusive air filter cover for my 1074. So i figured I'd throw that out there once again. I know you guys wonder where I disappear for 6 months at a time, but thats the music part of me travelin a lot & gigging during the summer. Writing new songs & trying to sneak work in on my saws in winter. Anyway now about that air filter....

Rennie
www.rennieneubecker.com

I called it first...just kidding. There is a 2071 cover on Ebay that may fit if you just want one for running it. I am not positive it will fit but it looks like the one on my 1073 and P25...except for the logo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390126112950&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

WesternSaw

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Howdy Fellas

Rennie
www.rennieneubecker.com

You might want to try chainsawr.com as well,he might have something.I see that sometimes small Pioneer part saws come up on ebay that may include the air filter.Sometimes those air filter covers go for $20.00. If I run into anything I will let you know
Lawrence

Latest posts