Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Jerry I know you enjoy this site for what it is,a great place for chainsaw discussion and don't get caught up in the points and what not,but I just noticed how many credits you have 3,688.Man that's impressive.Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
Lawrence

Lawrence,..I think these credits you mentioned came along after the big changeup on this site during the winter. I don`t even know how they accumulate, same as the rep thing and now I am a tree freak, says so over top of my avatar,..LOL

Thanks Jerry, I joined this site ages ago but never posted just lurked around, spend most time on Chainsaw Collectors.se, I think I'll become a regular.
Only too happy to help other Pioneer fans.:msp_biggrin:

Thats a awsome list of documents! I did up some a winter or two ago but don't have all that you have. It takes alot of time to scan all that much and my hats off to you! :msp_biggrin:

I get some time I may be after you to help me fill in the gaps on those manuals.

Justin, it's great your posting instead of lurking. That's nice of you to offer up your PDF files.:msp_thumbsup:

I have a few books I need to turn into PDf form.

Disassembly and Assembly procedures for small series
covers the 1074-P26-p28
Disassembly and Assembly procedures for large series
covers the farmsaw to the P61
I also have a service parts price list book from 1976 with tons of great info.
kevin

Kevin

Lawrence, two solo rex's is very impressive. Careful you don't get your arm ripped off starting one of those beasts. When I started messing with chainsaws I saw one of those and was impressed, it's on my bucket list. The pioneer binder is impressive as well.
I wish I could access that link in your signature, it tells me it's private these days. Do you need a secret password to access it.
Thanks Kevin
Kevin, I just checked the media fire hosting site out.Not sure whats going on there I will ask Chris if he knows.I will try and get back to you ASAP
Thanks for letting me know about this!
Lawrence

Pionerr saws

Great to have you on the site!You can never have too much information regarding Pioneer saws.So glad your here and welcome aboard!Justin are you involved in a saw shop?If so I think I may have emailed you at one time.
Lawrence

Last edited:
Kevin, I just checked the media fire hosting site out.Not sure whats going on there I will ask Chris if he knows.I will try and get back to you ASAP
Thanks for letting me know about this!
Lawrence

It say's it's set to private if that helps you out. I know these things are tricky and frustrating sometimes to figure out. I've got all the info I need for now, but I like looking at things from time to time.
Thanks Kevin

I just checked and we have public access again, thanks much

I was just given a Pioneer P28 saw. Looks to be in near mint condition.. replaced gas and spark plug started second pull.

I am very interested in the manual for this saw.

Very nice site you guys have here.

Well I got a nice surprise when I finally purchased two Solo Rex's from a good fella back east.He was kind enough to included a bonus, which was an original Pioneer binder with IPL's and some service bulletins.Not sure how much of the literature would be doubles of the stuff Chris posted on Media Fire ,but there might be some new stuff.I know there is quite a whack of information in that link of Chris's.
Lawrence

Lawrence,
Glad to see those Solo Rex's finally ended up in BC! I'd love to hear one running!

Hi Lawrence, not I dont own a saw shop, but maybe one day, just cant myself when it comes to anything chainsaw related, Pioneer, Homelite, McCulloch, Jonny, Solo, Stihl and PM are all welcome at my place.
Took about 2 weeks scanning the above pioneer info, only about half way thru all my Pioneer stuff, so still more to come.
Justin

Welcome Justin, some great work you are doing there :clap:

Bit of a disaster with the 620

5688776994_02d44a9500_o.jpg

It seems i got the size of the new cup a little tight, and it grabbed the starter and chewed up the rope and spat the handle across the yard !
But i managed so open it out a bit bigger and weld up the broken bit and it all seems to be well now :msp_thumbup:

It say's it's set to private if that helps you out. I know these things are tricky and frustrating sometimes to figure out. I've got all the info I need for now, but I like looking at things from time to time.
Thanks Kevin

I just checked and we have public access again, thanks much
Kevin,I was mearly the messanger.Cjcocn (Chris) fixed it up for us.The credit goes to him!I'm glad you can access it now.
Lawrence

MS 260 Fan

Lawrence,
Glad to see those Solo Rex's finally ended up in BC! I'd love to hear one running!
Thank You, my man! our mutual acquaintance is a heck of guy he was patient to wait over a year for me to get him the funds.I think the saw landed three day's later.
Lawrence

Pioneer Saws-Justin

Justin,I'm wondering if you would consider loading your information to our Media Fire hosting site.We have a fair bit collected so far but there may be stuff missing.A few members kindly donated there time and effort to get it on to the host site.you will be able to see who donated when viewing.Just a thought not trying to pressure you at all.If you decide you would like to do this you can contact fellow member Cjcocn (Chris).He can help you out withe details.I have a Link in my signature to media fire.
Thanks
Lawrence

I was just given a Pioneer P28 saw. Looks to be in near mint condition.. replaced gas and spark plug started second pull.

I am very interested in the manual for this saw.

Very nice site you guys have here.
Andrew,Check out the Link to Media Fire in my signature regarding a manual for the P28 it should be there.I believe it was the first small Pseries to have rubber isolation mounts.I also have one,maybe two.Let me know if you get the information.
Lawrence

Latest posts

Back