Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew

Did you not find repair information for your saw on the mediafire link?I was sure ModifiedMark had some posted to there.
Lawrence

Can someone please tell me the best gas/oil mix ratio for my Saw.. It says 50:1 somewhere and that does not seem right to me.

Thank you

50:1 is fine if you use good oil. Do not buy the $4 a gallon stuff at wally world. That being said, I run mine at 40:1 to be safe.;)

Chris no need to check. If you look at the precleaning picture of the flywheel;

183216d1304816179-p1230947-jpg

you can see the the magnet side is stepped out about ~0.75 mm. I never noticed that either. I did regap it a bit better afterwards, business card is good for these? Good thing, one of the mounting bolts was not tight. Thanks
Paul

I looked at one of mine before I saw this, and you're right, thats the way they are made.
A business card is good, I think the spec is .015.

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

Picked up the P26 Electronic at a flea market/ car show. In very good shape. Lots of spare parts

That's a nice late model p26 Jeff. Electronic ignition, front and rear hand guards, and the good padded front handle. Doesn't look like it's done much work.:rock:

P26e

Not much work for sure. Ignition was bad. Robbed the one from the 1074S on the left. The late model 1074 with a chainbreak used the same electronic ignition. Chain look like it was used to cut in windows. Scrap!!
Not a saw I will use very much.

Has anyone here got a chance to use the new OMC carb kits that recently became available? I got around to reinstalling the OMC with the new diaphragms on my 700D after running it with an 090 carb that past few months. At first I ran into the same problems I had with the OMC when I ditched it originally--refusal to idle. Figured out there were 2 ports for the idle circuit and the one on the vacuum side of the butterfly was plugged. Anyways, once this was solved the saw ran beautifully. My 090 is happy to be whole again.

Anybody else use these kits yet?

Chris B.

What is the WJ-20 on the Poulan Pro 655 missing? Behind the adjusting needles, there is a brass cap and there is nothing behind it.

The WJ IPL shows a Power Control jet that is supposed to be there. Is this some kind of acclerator punp that has been disabled?

The saw sounds good and strong and the governor has not been disabled so it 4 strokes pretty well out of the wood.

I have been into a few WJ's but there not that common to me and never seen that cap on one before that I remember.

What is the WJ-20 on the Poulan Pro 655 missing? Behind the adjusting needles, there is a brass cap and there is nothing behind it.

The WJ IPL shows a Power Control jet that is supposed to be there. Is this some kind of acclerator punp that has been disabled?

The saw sounds good and strong and the governor has not been disabled so it 4 strokes pretty well out of the wood.

I have been into a few WJ's but there not that common to me and never seen that cap on one before that I remember.

Mark,

Behind the cap, and in this order, should be a spring, a tiny little bladder, and a brass washer . Don't know what they do other than possibly an accelerator.

Chris B.

Got a bit of CAD... Freebies are always good!!!!

Hey guys,
I am just getting around to garage and yard work now that it's warm... CL posters are throwing up old saws like crazy! I just wanted to post this up and see what you all thought! He'll be bringing it into town for me later this week! Freebie!

Pioneer chainsaw

I haven't seen it in person yet but i figured worse case scenario is I can part it out to you guys for a couple bucks... I'm guessing compression should be 130-140 min and 160ish max...

Mark,

Behind the cap, and in this order, should be a spring, a tiny little bladder, and a brass washer . Don't know what they do other than possibly an accelerator.

Chris B.

You are correct, it is an accelerator pump, often refered to as a boot style pump. They can be operated off either vaccum from the carb throat or from the impulse from the crankcase. The WJ series I have worked over runs off the vac from the carb throat but not all WJ carbs have them.

Hey guys,
I am just getting around to garage and yard work now that it's warm... CL posters are throwing up old saws like crazy! I just wanted to post this up and see what you all thought! He'll be bringing it into town for me later this week! Freebie!

Pioneer chainsaw

I haven't seen it in person yet but i figured worse case scenario is I can part it out to you guys for a couple bucks... I'm guessing compression should be 130-140 min and 160ish max...

Looks like one of the 1100 series saws.

Looks like one of the 1100 series saws.

for the 1200-1100 series saws... Was I right about compression range?

If I can get compression and spark I might fix it. But if not I'll probably ebay it for parts. We'll see what shape it's in later this week when he brings it into town for me to pick up.

I have a P28 saw with the Original 16 Bar.

The numbers on the bar is: 16-058-325

Can I replace the bar and chain with a Oregon Bar and Chain combo?

This brings you to the Canadian Tire Link: Oregon Bar Chain

One more question.

With a saw like the P28 can you use a different sized bar and chain? I have a brand new chain from an old Stihl saw that is a lot thicker.

Thank you

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back