Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew,Check out the Link to Media Fire in my signature regarding a manual for the P28 it should be there.I believe it was the first small Pseries to have rubber isolation mounts.I also have one,maybe two.Let me know if you get the information.
Lawrence

I can only find the parts schematics.

Just checked out mediafire and it looks like the way to go , will take some time though as ive about 500meg for upload in total, it will be a work in progress.
Justin
Justin,anything you can add to the mediafire site would be greatly appreciated by all on this thread.Little bit at time would be good,whenever you can do some.
Thanks
Lawrence

Andrew,are you looking for a repair manual for the P28?
Lawrence

Other than the handle and A/V system, a p28 is almost identical to the other 51cc saws...e.g p21, p26, 1074 etc. Some of the later ones had electronic ignition instead of points, but internally they are all the same. If that's any help.

Pioneer 610 complete teardown and restore.

Firstpioneer.jpg

DSCF0663.jpg

DSCF0659.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Thanks Jerry, I joined this site ages ago but never posted just lurked around, spend most time on Chainsaw Collectors.se, I think I'll become a regular.
Only too happy to help other Pioneer fans.:msp_biggrin:

Justin,
Welcome. I have requested numerous IPls and manuals from you previously on the Chainsawcollectors.SE site. A great guy!

P26 and a bucket

Hello guys
Had this dropped to my step. P26 and a friend
attachment.php

attachment.php

First post in this thread, usually I read the Poulan area. Guess I have a few pages to read and catch up, but my P41s was running good and I kept running across Poulans . I picked up a Poulan Pro455 thats a Pioneer underneath recently, and looking at a Pro405Plus. Nice solid saws.

Have the cleaned up P26 pulling over and sparking. (No rope and a short on the kill wire) Piston looks good. No idea what the P26 problem was, P28 the engine was seized...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Missing the fuel fitting to the tank. None in the bucket. Local shop was closed so waiting for Monday to see if it will draw fuel. It Pops with a gas prime, good start. Not sure if all the parts are in the bucket for the P28...we'll see.
Also have a 1074 thats together again but must have carb lever, seat problems, because fuel just runs out.
I see lots of files on Petesoldsaw link, dial up will be tested tonight. From reading some of the recent posts they are all pretty similar so thats good for me. These carbs with a fixed jet, never seen one before, now I have 3 to figure out.

I will be back to ask some questions, just a little forewarning...
Paul
ps nice compact little saws
View attachment 183213View attachment 183214View attachment 183215View attachment 183216

Last edited:
Good deal, I like it when people drop stuff off. Those saws are identical internally unless the p26 is electronic. I have several assorted ones around. They are very good little saws.

The coil gap on the p28 looks a mile wide to me.

Gap looked big to me as well, daddy66. When I spun the flywheel to where the magnets are the gap is real close to dead on. Either the flywheel is asymmetrical or the shaft has a tweak in it, etc....
Might need the P28 bucket crank. Looking for a shop manual that might explain the procedure now
Paul

Gap looked big to me as well, daddy66. When I spun the flywheel to where the magnets are the gap is real close to dead on. Either the flywheel is asymmetrical or the shaft has a tweak in it, etc....
Might need the P28 bucket crank. Looking for a shop manual that might explain the procedure now
Paul

I just looked again and thats not a p-28, it's got the one piece rear handle...the p-28 carcass is in the pic with no flywheel.

A p-28 front A/V handle on a p-26 chassis???? Can you even do that? Never seen that before.

I just looked again and thats not a p-28, it's got the one piece rear handle...the p-28 carcass is in the pic with no flywheel.

A p-28 front A/V handle on a p-26 chassis???? Can you even do that? Never seen that before.
No, it is the P26, tag on the starter,says P26,1979 anyways; the more complete saw on the left of the bucket in the first photo. The cranks will inter-change if needed? Haven't looked under the flywheel if its points if that matters. That is just the way it showed up. I have zero familiarity with these saws. Maybe its a "Perth special"? My 1074 has the flatter solid mount handle like in the IPL's show for 1074 and P26. Never noticed that...
Paul

No, it is the P26, tag on the starter,says P26,1979 anyways; the more complete saw on the left of the bucket in the first photo. The cranks will inter-change if needed? Haven't looked under the flywheel if its points if that matters. That is just the way it showed up. I have zero familiarity with these saws. Maybe its a "Perth special"? My 1074 has the flatter solid mount handle like in the IPL's show for 1074 and P26. Never noticed that...
Paul

183213-p1230960-jpg

The saw on the left is a p26, but it has the wrong handle on the front. A 26 is the same as your 1074 except for the stickers.

The one in front of the bucket, with no rear handle is the p28. The only one of this series with any a/v is the p28, the others have the rear handle solid mounted in one piece to the case. The p28 case stops behind the carb box and the rear handle is separately mounted in rubber.

So you have a p26 with a p28 front a/v handle. That's interesting. I've never thought of doing that and wonder how much difference it would make. You basically have half of an a/v system.

The cranks should be the same. I will check one of mine in the morning to see if the flywheel looks to be off center, but it seems like it would be wrong....out of balance?

183213-p1230960-jpg

So you have a p26 with a p28 front a/v handle. That's interesting. I've never thought of doing that and wonder how much difference it would make. You basically have half of an a/v system.

The cranks should be the same. I will check one of mine in the morning to see if the flywheel looks to be off center, but it seems like it would be wrong....out of balance?

Chris no need to check. If you look at the precleaning picture of the flywheel;

183216d1304816179-p1230947-jpg

you can see the the magnet side is stepped out about ~0.75 mm. I never noticed that either. I did regap it a bit better afterwards, business card is good for these? Good thing, one of the mounting bolts was not tight. Thanks
Paul

P28 saw

Can someone please tell me the best gas/oil mix ratio for my Saw.. It says 50:1 somewhere and that does not seem right to me.

Thank you

P26 Electronic

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

Picked up the P26 Electronic at a flea market/ car show. In very good shape. Lots of spare parts

Smaller Pioneers

WOW! Seems like the smaller P Series is having a resurgence on this thread.That's good I think the gurus will tell you they were a very reliable saw,also compact.Speaking of Gurus we seem to be missing a couple lately.
Lawrence

Latest posts

Back