Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be able to cut a good deal of the paint off the top of the letters with a glass scraper tool, those blades are super sharp.

I was going to mask the paint first then start with a long flat sanding block, work from 220 down to 600 then polish with neverdull. I'll scrape the sides and switch to a dremel wire wheel to polish.

Of course, by the time I get done I'll probably find a complete top on ebay.

I was going to mask the paint first then start with a long flat sanding block, work from 220 down to 600 then polish with neverdull. I'll scrape the sides and switch to a dremel wire wheel to polish.

Well best of luck on finding a complete cover, they don`t come up often. I think your work on the cast letters will be unique, I have several of the RA`S with the cast logo top covers and one motre that needs the separate Pioneer logo. Guess I should count myself lucky just having a few running RA`s.

Seen a 600 on craigslist in denver for 75 bucks... Two days afttteer I leave denver!!! It was in nice shape too :mad:

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Seen a 600 on craigslist in denver for 75 bucks... Two days afttteer I leave denver!!! It was in nice shape too :mad:

That is unfortunate Jacob, that will happen most often once you are searching for more saws, seems I hear about more saws after they are sold or from places that won`t ship them then the ones I snare...LOL ..Probably a good thing...for me...LOL

That is unfortunate Jacob, that will happen most often once you are searching for more saws, seems I hear about more saws after they are sold or from places that won`t ship them then the ones I snare...LOL ..Probably a good thing...for me...LOL

Your probably right about the probably a good thing jerry... I have 5 saws coming in the mail... Plus parts for some project saws (046, 2150) and the 400 and an 08s to get done :0

I had a 750 lined up to buy, for cheap, less then $100, the guy said he'd hold it for me, but he didn't. :msp_mad:

Yep,..that`s another thing that happens often,..seems the early bird gets the worm/saw.

That's the nice part of having a wife that works 3rd shift. She's pretty good at checking out saws. Plus she can be on the road during the day when I am farming.

Bob

A very good asset in the saw acquisition dept, you lucky dog....er...cow....LOL

Yes it is good for acquistions. But hard on the pocket book. She left the farm one morning with no sleep and returned early afternoon with her blazer full of homelite and pioneer parts. I was eating spam for a few weeks after that. But it has been close to 2 years of still selling the parts off. Then there was a day I was haying she made a hour drive to pick up a nice P41s that needs carb work.
Bob

Yes it is good for acquistions. But hard on the pocket book. She left the farm one morning with no sleep and returned early afternoon with her blazer full of homelite and pioneer parts. I was eating spam for a few weeks after that. But it has been close to 2 years of still selling the parts off. Then there was a day I was haying she made a hour drive to pick up a nice P41s that needs carb work.
Bob

The parts collecting is even worse than collecting saws, I bought out a local Pioneer dealers old stock 20 years ago and still have stuff here from that transaction but it comes in real handy for my restorations. All the parts I have accumulated from working on other brands just take up space in the shop but comes hand in hand with collecting chainsaws.

OK, here it is with the tops polished off as I said above except I didn't mask it. I'm not going any further.

attachment.php

Bob

The parts collecting is even worse than collecting saws, I bought out a local Pioneer dealers old stock 20 years ago and still have stuff here from that transaction but it comes in real handy for my restorations. All the parts I have accumulated from working on other brands just take up space in the shop but comes hand in hand with collecting chainsaws.

You guys know when to mention this stuff don't ya. I just emailed on this stuff, 20 miles from me:

pioneer / poulan chainsaw new parts and manuals (roberts wi)
Date: 2011-12-28, 2:29PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have ipls, manuals, service bulletins, price guides, and a pile of other paper for pioneer saws all the way back to the iel super pioneer. i also have 2 totes full of pioneer/ poulan "new parts" . jugs, spikes, oil pumps gaskets, covers, cases, air filters reeds, clutches, and alot more. $200 and you can have it all. over $700 worth of papers and parts.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2772751035

Don't really need to be throwing money at stuff like this, but if I can get some good stuff and sell off some, it's hard to pass up. Still need to get my P60 from project to 6 cubes-o-fun status.

You guys know when to mention this stuff don't ya. I just emailed on this stuff, 20 miles from me:

pioneer / poulan chainsaw new parts and manuals (roberts wi)
Date: 2011-12-28, 2:29PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have ipls, manuals, service bulletins, price guides, and a pile of other paper for pioneer saws all the way back to the iel super pioneer. i also have 2 totes full of pioneer/ poulan "new parts" . jugs, spikes, oil pumps gaskets, covers, cases, air filters reeds, clutches, and alot more. $200 and you can have it all. over $700 worth of papers and parts.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2772751035

Don't really need to be throwing money at stuff like this, but if I can get some good stuff and sell off some, it's hard to pass up. Still need to get my P60 from project to 6 cubes-o-fun status.

You will always make your money back and then some, it may take a while sometimes.

Hero saw

It was very windy in Britain today so I put my s620 in the car, just in case. I work down a small lane that is the only way in or out, by midday the boss asked if I had my saw in the car. Whoop whoop, I was like a dog with 2 cocks! The saw started easy and went through the 16" ash quick. One road re-opened and lots of free wood (well, all the old car would fit)!
The clutch was slipping a while ago but a wipe down and tap with a spanner got lots of dust out and it was good today.
Close on 50 years old and still cutting well!

Latest posts

Back