Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up this p51 for fixing a few saws.... Someone took out the decomp. Plugged it up, and she started right up. Iv fallen in love!

Anyone have bucking spike for it?

P51

Picked up this p51 for fixing a few saws.... Someone took out the decomp. Plugged it up, and she started right up. Iv fallen in love!

I still use my P51, my first Pioneer. Had it for at least 30 yrs. It has a P52 jug and P42/ P52 ignition now.

I have one extra big fang dog. There's one on evil-bay now as well. I like the smaller ones better. I'm looking for a set of the smaller dogs to put on my 655.

Hillwilliam

I might... I'll have to check. If not, Bryce has some on ebay pretty cheap. If you ever decide to flip the saw, gimme 1st dibbs. ;)

Yup, I'm back.

Been gone for a while, and now I'm back and in the woods a lot, cutting firewood. No big wildfires close by so far, so I'm not directly affected as yet.

Still saving the P45s for when I get old, so I've been using the old P51 and the 655BP. Been using a sweet 32" roller tip on the 655, mostly to use up some .404 chain. I thought I was still man enough for that heavy bar, but I'm tired of it. It's clearly heavier than the 36-incher, but I don't remember by how much. I'm getting old and soft, and I have a 28-incher on its way - then it will feel more like the old green saw. I'd still like to get a set of the smaller dawgs for the 655.

I brought home some little friends from Nicaragua - parasitic little critters, they are. When I went to the doctor, I found out I'd lost about 10 pounds! Lucky to have had little body fat in the first place, but that means I've lost 10 pounds of meat! No wonder the saw looks bigger than me in the avatar.

View attachment 243354

Gonna try again later to post something in the 'chainsaw' section about running an Oleo-Mac in Nicaragua, but I'm having hell trying to post pictures.

I still use my P51, my first Pioneer. Had it for at least 30 yrs. It has a P52 jug and P42/ P52 ignition now.

I have one extra big fang dog. There's one on evil-bay now as well. I like the smaller ones better. I'm looking for a set of the smaller dogs to put on my 655.

Hillwilliam

Would you part with it? :)

I might... I'll have to check. If not, Bryce has some on ebay pretty cheap. If you ever decide to flip the saw, gimme 1st dibbs. ;)

The fella I got this saw from says he has another saw "looks like this one but bigger" the tank is cracked by the sounds of it. Im getting almost all his old saws (Minus the minty 750 homie thats locked up :( )
Ill take a look at it, it may be yours Ed. Im thinking its a p65 but not sure yet? Whats my p51 worth?

While im at it ed, have a 026 p&c? (sorry I know its not a pioneer.

the p51 worth shipping to me :laugh: .I have one in the barn needing work I need a crank case for it .. like new holding 150 psi i will get it going one of theses day crank case

While im at it ed, have a 026 p&c? (sorry I know its not a pioneer.

I believe so, I'll check later this eve.

the p51 worth shipping to me :laugh: .I have one in the barn needing work I need a crank case for it .. like new holding 150 psi i will get it going one of theses day crank case

I might have an extra case.

Would one of you fellas please download and email me the IPL for the Pioneer 3200 off Chainsawr?

My new 'puter has some unresolved issue with their website that prevents me from doing so.

I know there are a few of you that do have my address or I can P.M. .

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

Yeah, it was the skinny geezer in Missouri who snagged the 3200 w/full wrap off the 'bay.

Would one of you fellas please download and email me the IPL for the Pioneer 3200 off Chainsawr?

My new 'puter has some unresolved issue with their website that prevents me from doing so.

I know there are a few of you that do have my address or I can P.M. .

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

Yeah, it was the skinny geezer in Missouri who snagged the 3200 w/full wrap off the 'bay.

Sent.

Last edited:
Evilbay Pioneer 3200

Cleaned him a bit and put in the correct spark plug and a bar/chain that fits properly. Came with a D096 pattern so I had to borrow one off an XL-101 in the stable.

Cranked right up. :clap: Still needs more carb. tweeking. Too freakin' hot to try cutting this afternoon (98 deg.).

attachment.php

Looks to be missing a little door over the spark plug.

Field fix of an inoperable primer pump. Seems to work correctly.

attachment.php

Next up: Go over the points and adjust the carb..

Jerry: I have another primer pump for you.:msp_tongue:

Wow Carl, you already got that saw home eh? Wasn't it only a couple days ago that we were talking about the listing? That's a funky primer setup. Is that white thing a fuel filter?

Wow Carl, you already got that saw home eh? Wasn't it only a couple days ago that we were talking about the listing? That's a funky primer setup. Is that white thing a fuel filter?

USPS took only three days to get here from Watertown, WI.

Fuel strainer/filter is as built. There is a regular 'clunk' fuel filter in the tank. There is no choke butterfly in the carb.

Someone used a J8 Champion plug which is much longer than a CJ8 and the little door wouldn't fit so it got lost.

Saw is on the verge of needing a comp. release valve but I can pull him over.

Cut a couple 20" cookies from my ceder test log. Oily crud burned off the muffler by middle of first cut. H.S. jet is very close to proper mix. Still playin' with L.S. to get stable idle without turning chain. We be loosing cooling air out the little door hole.

Move over Homie C5, the boss :msp_w00t: is in the house. (sorry Aaron)

Cut a couple 20" cookies from my ceder test log. Oily crud burned off the muffler by middle of first cut. H.S. jet is very close to proper mix. Still playin' with L.S. to get stable idle without turning chain. We be loosing cooling air out the little door hole.

Move over Homie C5, the boss :msp_w00t: is in the house. (sorry Aaron)

The XL800 (or whatever model your 'colorful' Homelite is) Tonka saw would probably be a better match for it than a tired C-5.:D

The XL800 (or whatever model your 'colorful' Homelite is) Tonka saw would probably be a better match for it than a tired C-5.:D

The Fisher-Price saw, yes. 5cc bigger is no big deal but he has so much more compression that he can bite you.

Chainsawlady has a stack of 800 type flywheels because they had keyway problems IIRC.

Latest posts

Back