Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Michelle and I am also collecting and restoring old chainsaws. I'm waiting impatiently for my Pioneer Holiday ll 970 chainsaw to arrive from ebay. As soon as I receive it, I will be restoring it back to original condition with some minor tweaking of faux wood grain vinyl accents! I want it to scream 1971! Haha! Once it's in my possession, I will post before and after pics!

Welcome to AS! Your in the right place for Pioneer saws! We love pics,so bring them on! :clap:

That's right...I need the Module for a p-51 pioneer saw. The one I have is not putting out any spark. Looks like it swelled up on one part..maybe got hot and shorted or something. All I know is when I ground the plug against the cylinder and pull the starter repeatedly there is no spark. Even tried holding on to the plug wire..no electrocution to the tester. Can you help with a replacement? Thanks!

I do not have a spare one myself but I may be able to find one. Give Rottman Sales a call at 1-616-877-4711 or eMail them at [email protected]. They have many of the Pioneer modules and coils in stock.

I'm cleaning house and have a smoking deal on a P60 in the classifieds. Thanks for allowing a shameless plug.:laugh:

litefoot your inbox is full i tryed to get hold of u on this site ... email me back your number or something ???
about the p60 how u take payment i like to ask a couple of thangs.. ???

Last edited:
Lang Pioneer Village Steam Show

Here are a couple of photos from last weekends show. It was a very well run show with a very good crowd. 6 chainsaw collectors displayed saws of all makes. Huck01955 had the Early IEL saws well covered. I took my IEL Super Twin High presure Pump, Pioneer 1750 and some P 35 saws. Met several people who had worked at OMC in Peterborough (Pioneer).
DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

Check out my "new" P60!

Just got a 1980 Pioneer P60 with an original Pioneer 36" bar .058g with an Oregon sprocket. I took it all apart and cleaned up the carb and replaced the spark plug. It is a powerhouse! Runs awesome! I just ordered a 24" bar / chain from Bailey's. Cannot wait to see how it does then! View attachment 242935View attachment 242936

Just got a 1980 Pioneer P60 with an original Pioneer 36" bar .058g with an Oregon sprocket. I took it all apart and cleaned up the carb and replaced the spark plug. It is a powerhouse! Runs awesome! I just ordered a 24" bar / chain from Bailey's. Cannot wait to see how it does then! View attachment 242935View attachment 242936

Nice score!

242935d1340548288-img_20120622_114805-jpg

242936-img_20120622_115852-jpg

Sweet!:clap:

Never seen one of the P-60 series saws in my local CL. A few P-40 series from time to time, but they've gone quick. Got my eye out though.:D

Your 'new' saw looks to have a set of H&S spikes on it too. Double score!:cheers:

Here are a couple of photos from last weekends show. It was a very well run show with a very good crowd. 6 chainsaw collectors displayed saws of all makes. Huck01955 had the Early IEL saws well covered. I took my IEL Super Twin High presure Pump, Pioneer 1750 and some P 35 saws. Met several people who had worked at OMC in Peterborough (Pioneer).
DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

Thanks for posting the picts,Jeff. It would be a blast to actually attend a show like that!

Thanks for posting the picts,Jeff. It would be a blast to actually attend a show like that!

Jerry Jeff left out the part saying he got a trophy for best display last year when I won my trophy was about 10 inches tall Jeff s is two feet tall lol Jeff is the lucky s guy out there Anyway congratulation . Not sure wear you would put a monster trophy like that :laugh:

Jerry
We all had a great time. Met a lot of nice people of all ages. The Lang Pioneer Village draws a good crowd. Quite a few people stopped that used to work at OMC in Peterborough. I was trying to find out any info I could on the P35 saws. Joes collection of restored IEL saws draw a lot of attention. Our next show will be close to home in Athens Ont on the 3rd weekend of July (Farmersville) Always room for more collectors

Anyone know where I can find a velocity stack for a P60? Or point me in the right direction? Can you make one to fit?

Anyone know where I can find a velocity stack for a P60? Or point me in the right direction? Can you make one to fit?

Wish I knew. I bought three of them about 30 years ago - from a Pioneer dealer - and wish I had a fourth one. I don't think they were an actual Pioneer part, but I sure like 'em with a K&N and still use them all the time.

Hillwilliam

Latest posts

Back