Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a not to bad 750.Another member found it,bought it for me,and then sent it to me! Thanks again Adam! :rock: Should run soon as I fix the starter rope.It has a half arsed resto done to it.Wrong color of paint. LOL Need to find time to get it running? Should be a serious fun saw!

The divider is in place. But, it is missing the carb., air filter, clutch cover and oil filler plug. Pumps a whopping 110 psi and no spark. Going back in storage.

attachment.php

That sucks Carl. Sounds like a parts saw to me.

Another 700D...got it from a member here, but I'll be darned if I can remember who. This saw didn't need much other than the standard fuel system rehab. The OMC carb diaphragms were fine, though I found the metering diaphragm and gasket in the wrong order. Straightened that out along with new fuel lines. Had to remove the carby once to adjust the lever height upwards as the saw kept leaning out while running. Fixed the primer with a couple carb diaphragm punchings. (Nothing quite like a saw that starts on the first pull every time.) Robbed a new 3/8 spur off a parts 700D, even though this one had a new .404 spur.

All that's left is to make an air filter and finish sealing the lame intake path. Pioneer sure fumbled the ball when they designed the induction path on these saws.

I still have a 750 that I'm restoring with new bearings and seals, and I can probably wrangle up another good 700D.

The half wrap came off another saw. It did come with a good, early full-wrap. (Early meaning it does not have the bracket that bolted to the bottom of the flywheel housing. The mounting boss is on all the cases, but undrilled and untapped on the early versions.)

Pioneer700D2_1.jpg

Pioneer700D2_2.jpg

Dig the McCulloch spike. The saw came that way, I had nothing to do with it. In any case, it's probably a better spike than factory.

Pioneer700D2_3.jpg

As rough as the paint is on this saw, it is actually in better shape than my other 700D. There are no cracks on the starter housing fins, and the front of the crankcase by the spike mount is intact.

Pioneer700D2_4.jpg

My father dropped off his 1100 he wants me to sell for him. Saw is all original and runs strong. Nothing broken or missing (except some paint )

I kind of have an idea what they are worth, but I thought I'd offer it up here to those who appreciate them before I would put it out to CL and have someone get it who will only beat the piss out of it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and I'm not sure how to post in the classifieds so if it belongs there and someone can point me in the right direction on how to list it there, it would be appreciated. Otherwise, PM me if your interested in the saw.

I've got a 1200 that needs a new home. Good spark and compression... Just don't have time to mess with the fuel system on it! it's all cleaned up now. The oily grime protected the paint pretty good! I'll get a better pic tonite... PM me any offers...
1200clean2.jpg

I also have some NOS P28 parts... Free to good home (u pay shipping).
P28NOS1.jpg

Last edited:
P28 parts

I've got a 1200 that needs a new home. Good spark and compression... Just don't have time to mess with the fuel system on it! it's all cleaned up now. The oily grime protected the paint pretty good! I'll get a better pic tonite... PM me any offers...
1200clean2.jpg

I also have some NOS P28 parts... Free to good home (u pay shipping).
P28NOS1.jpg

If the P28 parts are still available I will take them, just let me know what you need for shipping. My side cover has a 2 inch crack from the original owner. Also, do you have a price in mind for your 1200? Great looking saw!!! Art

Hi!

Hey Fellas
I am just starting to get into collecting and restoring old Pioneer chainsaws.It would be great if some of you guys that are into Pioneer saws could show some pictures of your Pioneers.I currently am starting with a P25and1073.It seems to me that there are a few saws in the pioneer line up that have the same specs but just a different model number. Does anyone know why? For example the P25 and the 1073 .I think they are identical except for the starter .I have briefley looked thru printed manuals I have and sort of came to this conclusion.May be I should be a little more thorough before starting this up.But would like to see some pics from Pioneer lovers.
Many thanks
petesoldsaw

My name is Michelle and I am also collecting and restoring old chainsaws. I'm waiting impatiently for my Pioneer Holiday ll 970 chainsaw to arrive from ebay. As soon as I receive it, I will be restoring it back to original condition with some minor tweaking of faux wood grain vinyl accents! I want it to scream 1971! Haha! Once it's in my possession, I will post before and after pics!

My name is Michelle and I am also collecting and restoring old chainsaws. I'm waiting impatiently for my Pioneer Holiday ll 970 chainsaw to arrive from ebay. As soon as I receive it, I will be restoring it back to original condition with some minor tweaking of faux wood grain vinyl accents! I want it to scream 1971! Haha! Once it's in my possession, I will post before and after pics!

Welcome to AS, please do post picts, we like all things "Pioneer"on this thread.

Which part are you looking for, there is no magneto on a P51. I think you may be looking for a Module which is responsible for producing the electrical current that flows to the spark plug.

That's right...I need the Module for a p-51 pioneer saw. The one I have is not putting out any spark. Looks like it swelled up on one part..maybe got hot and shorted or something. All I know is when I ground the plug against the cylinder and pull the starter repeatedly there is no spark. Even tried holding on to the plug wire..no electrocution to the tester. Can you help with a replacement? Thanks!

Back