Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck while I'm here, I might as well show you Pioneer guys my latest pickup. :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Well, I guess since Arrowhead "liked" this post its only fitting that the saw stayed with him after I left his place last night. :laugh:

Finally made it over to his place and what a nice visit we had.

Well, I guess since Arrowhead "liked" this post its only fitting that the saw stayed with him after I left his place last night. :laugh:

Finally made it over to his place and what a nice visit we had.

Thanks again Mark. I ran the saw saw more today, she cuts like a dream. I pulled the muffler today to see if it had the 3rd intake (boost) transfer like the P45/455.
Sure enough it does... along with thin rings. :msp_thumbsup:

Hello guys, I am not much of a Pioneer man but I do have a few. I love looking at the great pics you put up and dream of picking up a PP655 to go with my little P40.
Can anyone tell me what these sprockets are for? They look like the one on my 620 but I can't be sure. Was hoping they'd fit a PM 340 but being .404" it's not likely.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Al.

Thanks again Mark. I ran the saw saw more today, she cuts like a dream. I pulled the muffler today to see if it had the 3rd intake (boost) transfer like the P45/455.
Sure enough it does... along with thin rings. :msp_thumbsup:

Yep she's a good runner and very strong running.

Its just nice to know that it helps complete the series for you.

If we can get over to tackle that big Ash we can see how it runs bar buried! :msp_thumbup:

P21 healed up.

Back together and a few test cuts on what little test log I have left. The cute roller nose:msp_wub: was a big part of my inspiration for the project.

attachment.php

Need to run him in some wood for an hour or so to establish reliability. He did make us gun shy. No gonzo long cuts.

The cylinder has a strange wear pattern accross the intake port. Plating is gone the height of the port extending from transfer to transfer. I can just feel it with my index finger. .002" or .003" deep I'd guess. There is also some scoring at the exhaust port likely from overheating but nothing to get excited about.

Replacement piston has one ring, old one had two rings. Old piston was a barrel skirt type, replacement is a slipper skirt. Fixed H.S. jet in the carb..

I'm really liking the auto comp. release now that I see how it works.

Now I want to play with a bigger one.:laugh:

Stopped this afternoon at a pawn shop I had only visited once before, they actually had more than the usual Craftsman/Homelite/Poulan saws on the shelf. Of interest were a Stihl 041 Farm Boss, a Husky 61 and a Pioneer/Partner P-39 that looked virtually new. Had the usual overpriced sticker on it, took a set of channel lock to get the fuel cap off it had swelled so bad. Took it outside and got it to fire after 1/2 dozen pulls, but it never would sling any oil. They wanted $150 for it but I had to pass at that price.

They seemed disinclined to deal (stood firm on $99 for the Husky though it would not idle) so I doubt there is much wiggle room to be had. Since it is around the corner from work I can grab a picture Monday if anyone is interested.

Do you remember what B/C was on the p39??

Back together and a few test cuts on what little test log I have left. The cute roller nose:msp_wub: was a big part of my inspiration for the project.

attachment.php

Need to run him in some wood for an hour or so to establish reliability. He did make us gun shy. No gonzo long cuts.

The cylinder has a strange wear pattern accross the intake port. Plating is gone the height of the port extending from transfer to transfer. I can just feel it with my index finger. .002" or .003" deep I'd guess. There is also some scoring at the exhaust port likely from overheating but nothing to get excited about.

Replacement piston has one ring, old one had two rings. Old piston was a barrel skirt type, replacement is a slipper skirt. Fixed H.S. jet in the carb..

I'm really liking the auto comp. release now that I see how it works.

Now I want to play with a bigger one.:laugh:

OH--OH, you better watch out Carl,...Pioneers will consume ya!!

Nice lookin stuff Jerry. I don't have an ashtray yet. Will have to keep looking. Too pricey on fleabay for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jeff,..I have more stuff squirreled away that I need to dig out that is Pioneer related. I have a retractable measuring tape and a clamp on filing guide andother bits in some of my Pioneer parts stash. Stuff on fleaybay is always overpriced.

DSCF1248.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

DSCF1250.jpg

Here is a couple of signs I picked up in a horse blanket trade and a nice Pioneer Partner clock that found it way to my place .
Nice lookin stuff Jerry. I don't have an ashtray yet. Will have to keep looking. Too pricey on fleabay for me.

Dam Jeff you find all the nice stuff :bowdown:

Thanks Joe, I must dig up the rest of my stuff and get picts of it.
Jeff has only shown the tip of the iceberg of all the stuff he has.

Yes your right Jerry about Jeff he only shows the tip of the iceberg he left out a huge part that he has a small museum he built recently with more rarer saws then you will see anywhere . No cameras allowed he is very private about it . It is a shame no one or should I say very few People ever get to see all his stuff or the saws he has restored . :dizzy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back