Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys, I am not much of a Pioneer man but I do have a few. I love looking at the great pics you put up and dream of picking up a PP655 to go with my little P40.
Can anyone tell me what these sprockets are for? They look like the one on my 620 but I can't be sure. Was hoping they'd fit a PM 340 but being .404" it's not likely.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Al.

From the #`s on the add they fit the 3200 and 3270

Yes your right Jerry about Jeff he only shows the tip of the iceberg he left out a huge part that he has a small museum he built recently with more rarer saws then you will see anywhere . No cameras allowed he is very private about it . It is a shame no one or should I say very few People ever get to see all his stuff or the saws he has restored . :dizzy:

Yes, I have been in his private garage...

Yes, I have been in his private garage...

Hello Gerry not the one on his house a new one he built some time after you wear there my friend so many saws they would never fit in that garage . IM sure you would be one of the very few to get in to the new one . Big sing no Pics . That sucks :msp_scared:

Hello Gerry not the one on his house a new one he built some time after you wear there my friend so many saws they would never fit in that garage . IM sure you would be one of the very few to get in to the new one . Big sing no Pics . That sucks :msp_scared:

He could charge 5 bucks a head to let people in! LOL I know I would pay it! LOL

The P21 I have shows they were also made in Lincoln, Nebraska. And, one would think more would show up around here on the backside of Missouri.

The only other one (of that style) I came accross was a trashed up 1073.

Last edited:
No such thing as a p22 unless it was a prototype like a p35.

I also have not seen a P22, There were P20,P21, P25, P26, P28 saws in production. There are photos of a P27 and P29 prototype on another site. They are a very crude looking saw sometimes called a breadboard models. The P35 made it to the test run to check tolling and field testing. I have a couple of them. I talked too one of the Pioneer engineers that thinks he may have the prototype for the P35.

I also have not seen a P22, There were P20,P21, P25, P26, P28 saws in production. There are photos of a P27 and P29 prototype on another site. They are a very crude looking saw sometimes called a breadboard models. The P35 made it to the test run to check tolling and field testing. I have a couple of them. I talked too one of the Pioneer engineers that thinks he may have the prototype for the P35.

I've seen your P-35's. The vertical cylinder is certainly different for Pioneer. Were the 27 and 29 like that as well?

P-39 follow up

Went to grab the P-39 I mentioned here on Saturday and it seems the price went from $150 to $199 in the past 3 days. I knew there was a reason I avoided pawn shops, who do they think is going to come off 2 bills for an used saw from a defunct maker that is 25 years old?

Went to grab the P-39 I mentioned here on Saturday and it seems the price went from $150 to $199 in the past 3 days. I knew there was a reason I avoided pawn shops, who do they think is going to come off 2 bills for an used saw from a defunct maker that is 25 years old?

There's all kinds of Pioneers that I'd give $199 for, but a P-39 isn't one of them.

On page 233 of Parp's 1977. it lists P20 P22 P25 in the Poulan column. Maybe a mistake?

Hello Larry I know that they wear made hear in Peterborough When it was still only called Pioneer . Im sure there are lots of People on hear that can give you dates of when it was sold like P 62 Jeff or PioneerGuy -Jerry Im sure they can tell you way more then I can

Back