Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeps saying invalid attachment for me ?

Showed for me when I clicked it. Let's try this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Better?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just wanted to explore some other color options. Really wanted a deep dark maroon but the dark red satin was the only game at ACE.

John Deere yellow was too dark to match Pioneer yellow.

Edit: Freakin' linkbucks bug has it FUBARed.

I still see em at home. Gonna try one more thing here, lemme know if it works.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Downloaded and re uploaded, hope it works.

Attachments

• pioneer left.jpg
    pioneer left.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 119
  • pioneer right2.jpg
    pioneer right2.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 114
Hi guys, I've been away on a bit of a hiatus but am back with restoring my P52W. Got the case parts primed last night and almost ready for paint.

It's good to see some diehards on here still. I'll update with progress. I hope it turns out like this one did:

Good to see you back,..nice rebuild you have going.

Hi guys, I've been away on a bit of a hiatus but am back with restoring my P52W. Got the case parts primed last night and almost ready for paint.

It's good to see some diehards on here still. I'll update with progress. I hope it turns out like this one did:

Good to see ya back buddy. Been awhile.

Lee

Good to see you back. That P41 is beautifully done.

Thanks, guys. I suddenly got a bunch of tree work this fall and have been busy. I took my Dolmar in to get fixed (only had 30hrs on it) and turns out it runs like crap because it only has 80lbs compression. They don't build them like they used to.

I took the P41 with me to the shop to show off and I had a crowd of guys (and a gal) ogling it and taking pics.

I plan to restore the full line of big Pioneer P-series yellow saws. This will include the P40, 41, 42, 50, 51, 52, 60, 61 and 62. I have a dillemma though... the P62W I own is in pretty good original shape. It was used for just one summer after it was bought. The paint is slightly faded with a few chips and could be better but I'm wondering if the value would be affected by a re-paint. I'm guessing it would be. All the internals are like new.

This collection might take a few years to achieve but it's a goal of mine and always has been. I really love the original big Pioneer P-saws.

Well, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, guys. I suddenly got a bunch of tree work this fall and have been busy. I took my Dolmar in to get fixed (only had 30hrs on it) and turns out it runs like crap because it only has 80lbs compression. They don't build them like they used to.

I took the P41 with me to the shop to show off and I had a crowd of guys (and a gal) ogling it and taking pics.

I plan to restore the full line of big Pioneer P-series yellow saws. This will include the P40, 41, 42, 50, 51, 52, 60, 61 and 62. I have a dillemma though... the P62W I own is in pretty good original shape. It was used for just one summer after it was bought. The paint is slightly faded with a few chips and could be better but I'm wondering if the value would be affected by a re-paint. I'm guessing it would be. All the internals are like new.

This collection might take a few years to achieve but it's a goal of mine and always has been. I really love the original big Pioneer P-saws.

Well, let me know what you guys think.

Great idea ! But I wouldn't paint that P62W ! I am sure it would hurt the value ! You will need a P65 in there too ! LOL

Yep. Leave that P62W original..................please!

have only considered painting 2 saws that I have. its original once, can be restored 100 times... mine are a 650, paint almost faded to white on one side, must have sat outside or in a window. p40 that has been painted red/black, that has grown on me, but everytime ya slob gas on it, more comes off... pics of 650 when its runnin in week or so, waitin on clutch spring, carb kit... been hacked outta here for a week, any pics of p62w?

Back