Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Age of Pioneer 1130

Taking my saw in for service, along with a Poulon 361, and was asked how old my saw is. Any idea of when the 1130 was manufactured?

Any tips or advise on maintenance for this saw would also be appreciated as the chainsaw ownership thing is real new to me.

Thanks, Brian

P28 problem

I have a P28 which will start, run, and cut for 5 minutes or so until it gets hot then it quits and won't restart. I've replaced the spark plug and believe it's getting fuel. It seems like the spark is getting weak after the coil it heats up. Does this sound familar to anyone and / or do you have any suggestions?

Sounds like it could be the coil. Can you check for spark as soon as it quits? Also, it could be the fuel tank vent. They were problematic because of a small rubber check valve stopper that disintegrated over time. The best way to check that is to install clear fuel line and watch the fuel flow when it's dying.

Has the carb been rebuilt? It might be time for that as well. Does yours have electronic ignition? It not, it could be the condenser, but not too likely.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Any one else using one of these to hold their powerhead while working on them.
Pioneerguy600

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

Nice work Jerry, seems a guy was asking about a set-up like that, just don't remember where....

Thanks, I read and posted on that request this morning, he was actually looking for the picts of the holder that Mark [heimannm ] made and showed a while back, he`s the fellow with a large McCulloch collection.
Pioneerguy600

Jerrys Jig

Jerry I am sure you made that jig but have not heard back from you as to if you did or not.If so start putting them into production you could sell a bunch right here on AS
Lawrence

Jerry I am sure you made that jig but have not heard back from you as to if you did or not.If so start putting them into production you could sell a bunch right here on AS
Lawrence

Yes I made it starting with a ball joint from a 1985 Monte Carlo and cut the pieces from 5/16 " steel plate. The ball is about 1 and 5/8" and cut 1 and 3/8" holes in the top and bottom holders on the drill press with bimetal holesaw. The rear is held with two 5/16 bolts and nuts and the front is a 1/2" coarse bolt with a nut on top and a handle from an old hydraulic valve welded to the head of the bolt to accomplish turning and clamping pressure. I bored holes to allow for mounting all the saws in my collection which include most saws produced since the late 40`s. There is also an extra attachment that can be added to allow the saws to be mounted and turned 180 degs. in all directions. I can post a couple of picts of the build .

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3572.JPG

Daddy'O

Hello Brian
I have emailed you the 1130 IPL's that you asked for,I would ask that in return you help someone else in the future.Thanks
Lawrence

!BOUP1N!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmVD,kBJuCY6GKqg~~_1.JPG

f3b0_1.JPG

Just bought a P10 on Ebay for $11. Where may one purchase some touch up spray paint? Anyone have a manual? I think it has a Tillotson HU carb. The air cleaner cover hold down screw is missing. Which is it, a hex head bolt, phillips screw, wing bolt or something else? It needs a new fuel hose from the tank to the carb.

Do I get an award for having the smallest saw?

Last edited:
!BOUP1N!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmVD,kBJuCY6GKqg~~_1.JPG

f3b0_1.JPG

Just bought a P10 on Ebay for $11. Where may one purchase some touch up spray paint? Anyone have a manual? I think it has a Tillotson HU carb. The air cleaner cover hold down screw is missing. Which is it, a hex head bolt, phillips screw, wing bolt or something else? It needs a new fuel hose from the tank to the carb.

Do I get an award for having the smallest saw?

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting the pics of your saw.Some of the P series guy`s will be along and should be able to help you out.
Pioneerguy600

Back