Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the P10:
Where may one obtain the square tank gasket that seals both the fuel & chain oiler chambers to the front cover?

Or should I just reuse the old one with gasket sealer?

For the P10:
Where may one obtain the square tank gasket that seals both the fuel & chain oiler chambers to the front cover?

Or should I just reuse the old one with gasket sealer?

For gaskets its reuse what you have or cut new ones from appropriate materials. Pioneer parts have not been made for 30 years or more so new parts and gaskets are hard to find.
Pioneerguy600

P41 parts or sell

I have a P41 I picked up recently and would like to find a piston or rings for it; or I would sell it if someone needed parts from it. I put it on the trading post a couple of days ago. I read several pages of this thread but didn't have time to read all of them. I didn't realize there was that much interest in these old saws. If I could get it running it would be nice for some of the woodcutting I do. If you know where I could get a piston or rings or could use parts off of it just send me a PM.

WTB PIoneer 620 muffler & air filter assembley

I have a Pioneer 620 I want to restore but I'm missing these parts, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

New saw

OK guys, feast your eyes on this one...

I just got it today, it's an 88cc Pioneer/Partner P52 Plus. It was built around 1988 and has a .404 chain on a 36" Oregon bar. The guy I bought it from said he only used it a couple of times. There is hardly a scratch on this saw and it's never been dulled by any sunlight. As far as Pioneers go, it's probably as close to brand new as I'll ever find.

P1010287.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010292.jpg

I'll get some pics of my new P41W up after I get it cleaned.

I just got it today, it's an 88cc Pioneer/Partner P52 Plus. It was built around 1988 and has a .404 chain on a 36" Oregon bar. The guy I bought it from said he only used it a couple of times. There is hardly a scratch on this saw and it's never been dulled by any sunlight. As far as Pioneers go, it's probably as close to brand new as I'll ever find.

P1010287.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010292.jpg

:drool:

That's about the newest looking old saw that I have ever seen, bar none.

Absolutely pristine and a great find!

:cheers:

P1010287.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010292.jpg

Brendon, that saw is near mint, absolutely beautiful.
Pioneerguy600

Brendon's P52

Hey Brendon,what a nice looking machine! Are you going to use that baby, or put it on a mantle above the fireplace?I know you use most of your saws,maybe even all of them,but geeezzz!what a show piece
Lawrence
PS It just clicked that I have been a member here a year already

P52

It sure is a nice saw and it looks even better up close and in person. I'm going to put some fresh gas in it and tune it up for my altitude here (3600'), then drain it and let it run dry. I'll add some oil to the cylinder and then up onto the shelf she goes. I may never run it again.

It's a great climate for storing saws here, it's always super low humidity. I've noticed that a good majority of saws from out east have some corrosion issues. Not the case here.

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys!:cheers:

Possible P26 buy

Hi Fellas
I need a little help here.Looking at another P26,apparently has 95-100 psi compression.Seller is the second owner and mentioned the saw has not been used that much.So is that compression reading where it should be or is it low?
Thanks in Advance!

P26 compression

Hi Lawrence, I'd say that it's too low. It should be around 130 or more. It could have a scored piston and/or cylinder or could be a faulty reading.

Don't forget that the small series saws have an automatic decompressor on them which is probably why the compression readings are down. Put some fuel in it and start it up and see how it runs.

I'm getting close. What is the recommended gas: oil ratio for a P10, 50:1 or something else?

Last edited:
1073 Air Filter Cover

I am patiently waiting to find an air filter cover for a 1073. I believe a 1074 fits and maybe even a 2073, not too sure. Does anyone know someone who has one?

:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back