Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Fossil.
Was doing well then thought I should dress the wheel with a diamond dresser to get a more rounded gullet.
That disk is now glazed and won't grind worth a dam. Need to learn how to break through that glaze. Anyone have ideas

If for some reason any of you guys need to make a remote throttle for milling, a 2x6 connector plate has the holes spaced perfectly to match the stock filter boot locator holes. I won't modify a stock part on one of these beauties, so I was quite excited to find a perfect solution that didn't require any drilling and will hold up excellent during the rigors of milling.
811e14dc01f6b7527599e408af52bf73.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I have a P62 series concrete saw, there is a plug in the oil cap hole, Can you pop this out and is there threads in the case half for the oil cap? anyone know this answer? the halves are already split as well.
10537c6231f676de1fc1149d48b8e7ac.jpg

Reference the PP 655 and Pioneer/Partner carburetor topic that came up on the for sale ad in the trading Post;

I have had quite a few larger P series saws in the last couple of years and have messed with several different carbs on them. Hillwilliam has helped me a lot on this topic and certainly knows his way around carburetors.

I had a 51 that came with a Walbro SDC 53d that was never quite right. It now runs on an SDC 80-1 and the difference is definitely noticable.

My PP 655BP came with a Walbro WJ and I think it's a WJ 38 but I'd have to double check to be sure. I don't know much about that carb but it runs very strong too.

I've messed with several 50 and 60 series saws that have the SDC 53 and a Tillotson 147 I believe. None of them run as strong as the 51 with the SDC 80 or the WJ 38 do.

It seems as though there were quite a few different carb combos available on the different Pioneer/Partner/PP saws through the years.

This is my 2 cents and I'd love to learn more from those of you knowledgeable folks on this topic.

Someone should buy that saw on the TP list too!!

If for some reason any of you guys need to make a remote throttle for milling, a 2x6 connector plate has the holes spaced perfectly to match the stock filter boot locator holes. I won't modify a stock part on one of these beauties, so I was quite excited to find a perfect solution that didn't require any drilling and will hold up excellent during the rigors of milling.
811e14dc01f6b7527599e408af52bf73.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested is seeing some more pics of the rest of your remote throttle setup when you get the time.

How'd that saw running for you?

Reference the PP 655 and Pioneer/Partner carburetor topic that came up on the for sale ad in the trading Post;

I have had quite a few larger P series saws in the last couple of years and have messed with several different carbs on them. Hillwilliam has helped me a lot on this topic and certainly knows his way around carburetors.

I had a 51 that came with a Walbro SDC 53d that was never quite right. It now runs on an SDC 80-1 and the difference is definitely noticable.

My PP 655BP came with a Walbro WJ and I think it's a WJ 38 but I'd have to double check to be sure. I don't know much about that carb but it runs very strong too.

I've messed with several 50 and 60 series saws that have the SDC 53 and a Tillotson 147 I believe. None of them run as strong as the 51 with the SDC 80 or the WJ 38 do.

It seems as though there were quite a few different carb combos available on the different Pioneer/Partner/PP saws through the years.

This is my 2 cents and I'd love to learn more from those of you knowledgeable folks on this topic.

Someone should buy that saw on the TP list too!!
Good morning Paul, it would be interesting to try out the sdc 80 on your 655 just to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back