Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The p-42 lost it's spark after it warmed up so no joy
Time to make one up
Anyone have any part # for ones that are close to matching this bolt pattern on the jug
20170515_175742.jpg

Cheep as I will try more than one unless I hit a home run on the first try
I don't think the pic on the 655 from a few pages back would work
So lets find something that may

Time to make one up
Anyone have any part # for ones that are close to matching this bolt pattern on the jug
View attachment 579791

There was a thread on this awhile back, and I think it was a Husky 365/372 coil that was used. You could get a cheap China coil at first just to make sure it will fit.

I just placed the order for that one
Rocket had a pic of a different set up on a farm saw but I am not sure about top hole in the jug on his
I don't have that one on my jug
homelite 450 and solo also has something that is 2 part
looking at the husky 365/372 may just work

Hopefully that
I just placed the order for that one
Rocket had a pic of a different set up on a farm saw but I am not sure about top hole in the jug on his
I don't have that one on my jug
homelite 450 and solo also has something that is 2 part
looking at the husky 365/372 may just work
Hopefully that will get you back up and running without to much hassle.

Time to make one up
View attachment 579791

I think I saw that you bought a new coil.

Did you eliminate all the other little things that can cause issues like wiring, spark plug, spark plug lead etc.?

Just thinking out loud here.

I guess the issue with the two part ignition is that the trigger is on the front side of the saw. I'm not sure a regular module would fit in there. If that's the case, the flywheel would have to be rotated out of the keyed position quite a bit. Maybe as much as 180 degrees. I don't think it's necessary to cut a new keyway in the crank. The flywheel will stay where you tighten the nut down as long as the flywheel hub and the tapered part of the crank are dry and free of oil.

If that makes sense, I think I might try this.

If you think the trigger is bad, try a chip. If you think it's the coil, find a points coil from something else and mount it in there.

I put in a new coil #431307 wire and plug and ground
looks like the module # 430938 is the trouble NLA and zero on ebay
I have never done a chip so it may be time to. lol
saw runs strong when it runs

if the 365/372 will not work that may be plan B

To fit a 365 coil it looks like some 'machining' work will be required. The lower screw hole wil work once a bit of material is removed to clear coil. A second attachment could be made as a post with a cross milled out so it fits tightly down onto the fins. Then the flywheel needs a new keyway cut to get the timing right. I plan on foing these steps if my P41 ever needs a coil

A chip is pretty cheap. If you do get one, the cooler the spot you can mount it, the better. $10.44 at Amazon including shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/ELECTRONIC-TRANSISTORIZED-IGNITION-MODULE-NOVA/dp/B007BI6FW6

IMG_8362.JPG Just, pulled my P41 coil and ignition. Removed a bit of the cylinder casting to clear the new coil. Filed the bolt hole a lot to get adequate clearance to the magnets.
Used a 10-24 SHCS as there is little room left for a screw head. Have the Husky 365 China ignition in with the one screw so far. Using a drill to confirm timing and it is hitting at 30 degrees! Should run.
WalterIMG_8361.JPG

I know a guy who used to be a pioneer and stihl dealer and says he has several boxes of NOS parts. I've asked several times and left my phone number. He keep saying he'll get them out when him and his wife gets time. I keep hoping he'll call me one day saying he's gotten them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for a drive link count for a 20" Windsor Speed Tip. PP mount. I am lacking the old Windsor charts and I cannot see any count numbers in any of the service manuals for the P series. I don't know what Pioneer called for on the various length bars in that PP/D007 pattern. Picked up decent used bar and want to use it on the P41/50

Seems D009's get adapted as the original mounts are scarce. Perhaps it is the same 72 dl count?

Edit: I went on the Oregon site. Although they do not list any (D007) bars available, they call for 72 dl on the 20" bar. I will deduce that count is for the D007 and that the Windsor PP ought to carry the same number.

will a homelite 450 coil work as i think i have one on a parts saw in the parts room

Latest posts

Back