Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a Guy, my plan today is sort out the scone attachment point for the ignition and then run her in some wood.
Will get another pic for you as well haha!
Love these Pioneers!!
Cheers
Walter
Looking Forward to it
Coil will be in my hands Friday
I did start the saw yesterday noodle some red oak ran strong for half a tank Till it got hot and started to fall on it's face shut it off
put on an inline spark tester and no spark
trouble has to be in the ignition module

Question: how do you set the oiler screw? This p41 seems to need more oil to the chain?

Counter clockwise to increase flow. Might be worth inspecting the pickup and line. Maybe sucking a bit of air or screen plugged with chips? They should slobber like a rabid dog.

I would like to see price lists from back in the day. What did the saws cost when they came out? I bought my Jonsered 670 new but broken up from falling out of a truck for half price in 1985. It was $700 Cdn back then. Got it for 350. Was earning $11/hr at the local saw shop as there was no electrician jobs at the time. That Jonny was about two weeks wages new. Curious what a P41, P51 and P61 cost in 1980s?
That was a time hard on Pioneer as I recall the saw men were being replaced by harvesters and the European saws were the rage. Everyone wanted a Husky or Jonsered then. Stihl not so much as they were a bear to start for some reason. We mainly had Stihls in the shop that would not start! Do not recall any Pioneers ever. Now I love em!

Back