Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jerry
This is the one I picked up today. I had to drive about 250 miles to get it but I think it was worth the drive. It fired on the second pull with the choke on.
It has great compression and a 28" bar on it.
I love that muffler and it sounds great!

Your 6-10 looks to be very well preserved,it looks to have been well used but the owner appears to have taken very good care of it. Good find !!

Pioneerguy600

This is the one I picked up today. I had to drive about 250 miles to get it but I think it was worth the drive. It fired on the second pull with the choke on.
It has great compression and a 28" bar on it.
I love that muffler and it sounds great!

Steve,

That looks great! I would definitely like to get one like that. Now we can each be jealous of the other.

Chris B.

I have had a great week. I got to hanlde and look at Chris's Canadien...and I even learned how to spell it correctly.:)

I found a nice old Homelite XL-923 that runs like new and got a Wards Remington Mitey Mite along with it.:clap:

Then I finally got a chance to meet with the busy young man who had the Pioneer. :greenchainsaw:

After almost 2 years of unemployment I am finally going to get back to work, starting Monday.:dizzy:

Now If the guy from Lacrosse Wisconsin would just send me the Poulan 4200 that I paid him for I think I can quit buying chainsaws for a while.:cheers:

Fantastic week I would say, hope the Poulan thing works its way through for ya.

Pioneerguy600

Hey Jerry-

Are those paper-element filters on the 610 worth a crap? I picked up a 610 that seems to be fairly good and I got two new filters along with it but they don't seem like much.

Hey Jerry-

Are those paper-element filters on the 610 worth a crap? I picked up a 610 that seems to be fairly good and I got two new filters along with it but they don't seem like much.

If kept dry they work really well, many of the 600-6-10 `s got converted to the 620 and 650 style filtering system as they were better for all around cutting conditions but my 600`s and 6-10`s still all wear their original style filters.

Pioneerguy600

seems to me there are a lot of 1100's that need a simple parts source one tiny hard to find part can shut down a whole fleet of saws. Be great if your theroy is correct. One thing about the 1120 thats nice is it has a metal filter cover not the later plastic that is such a problem to obtain in good shape.

Question What was the difference between the saws in the 1100 series? features displacements or just style up-dates? The 1130 seems pretty close to my 1120.

Thanks

Maine Guide

The 1100,1110,1120,1130, 1150 and 1160 had basically all the same body style, the 1110 was 54 cc and the rest were 58 cc saws. They were made in different years , mostly from 1965-69, been a long time since I worked one or even worked on one , some of the earlier ones had a Tillotson HS-12A carb while others that came later had a Tillotson HS-16B . They all seemed to make about the same power and were used here for pulpwood cutting where the trees were usually in the 6-14" range.

Pioneerguy600

Well guy`s I had a few minutes out in the shop today and pulled out some Homelite XL12`s and some SXLAO`s. The carbs from the XL12 will direct fit onto a 1100 series Pioneer, throttle linkage is the same, the choke arm is there and ready to be hooked up to a choke pull knob. The carb from the XL will need the LA screw from the Pioneer carb installed on it, the hole is already there and threaded for this. If you can make up a filler plate to fit where the primer pump comes off and put a hole through it to fit the choke pull shaft then the saw will be good to go. The fuel line fitting is a little smaller in diameter than the carb from the Pioneer but a simple step down in the fuel line size would be quite easy to do, the fitting is in the same place and points in the right direction also.

Pioneerguy600

thats awesome easy cheap fix from a wicked common saw.I'm on my way.

Thanks so much. In a former life I was a machinist so I can handle any sort of metal adaption. I should be able to progress for a while .

Maine Guide

Well guy`s I had a few minutes out in the shop today and pulled out some Homelite XL12`s and some SXLAO`s. The carbs from the XL12 will direct fit onto a 1100 series Pioneer, throttle linkage is the same, the choke arm is there and ready to be hooked up to a choke pull knob. The carb from the XL will need the LA screw from the Pioneer carb installed on it, the hole is already there and threaded for this. If you can make up a filler plate to fit where the primer pump comes off and put a hole through it to fit the choke pull shaft then the saw will be good to go. The fuel line fitting is a little smaller in diameter than the carb from the Pioneer but a simple step down in the fuel line size would be quite easy to do, the fitting is in the same place and points in the right direction also.

Pioneerguy600

I even put one of the Tillys from an XL12 on my souped up wildthing. Not exactly a bolt on swap though. :dizzy: It sure woke the little saw up. lol

Farmsaw Engager Question

Greetings all. I just found this site and am hopeful someone can help me. I have a Farmsaw with an 'engager' problem. The 'engager, or Pinon, as the parts fisch calls it, does not engage far enough to mate with the flywheel. Everything looks to be in place, and it looks like it's engaging as far as it can, but it misses the flywheel teeth by about 1/8 inch. I would say it's just worn, but it happened suddenly. IN case it is worn, does anyone know a source for these new?
Thanks in advance.
Ron Z
Colorado

Pinion for Farmsaw

Greetings all. I just found this site and am hopeful someone can help me. I have a Farmsaw with an 'engager' problem. The 'engager, or Pinon, as the parts fisch calls it, does not engage far enough to mate with the flywheel. Everything looks to be in place, and it looks like it's engaging as far as it can, but it misses the flywheel teeth by about 1/8 inch. I would say it's just worn, but it happened suddenly. IN case it is worn, does anyone know a source for these new?
Thanks in advance.
Ron Z
Colorado

Hey Ron , there was a pinion on fleebay last nite 9/25/10 for a farmsaw . Go get it . God bless, Ken

Thanks in advance.
Ron Z
Colorado

The thing that causes this most often is the friction yoke, is it in place and working properly? Check your fisch or IPL for a metal wire like part that rides on the engager and is in contact with the recoil housing.

Pioneerguy600

Singleken, Pioneer Pinon and fleebay

Singleken: Do you mean fleebay or ebay? Im not famililar with fleebay. Do you have an address for that?
Thanks
Ron Z

Back