Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin, the IPL's are showing a farmsaw has the same spider and shoes. I got some, just have to check the condition. Yours if you want them.

Thanks for the info and offer, Rottmans claims the 655 clutch they sold me will work on the p60. I'm heading out for vacation so I won't be able to verify this until late next week.

Nice load of saws you picked up. If you get to working on that p12 and need some gaskets look me up.
Kevin

Thanks for the info and offer, Rottmans claims the 655 clutch they sold me will work on the p60. I'm heading out for vacation so I won't be able to verify this until late next week.

Nice load of saws you picked up. If you get to working on that p12 and need some gaskets look me up.
Kevin

Will do man, thanks.

Well, I got one runner out of those saws from yesterday already. The p-28. New fuel lines, cleaned the carb, changed a couple of a/v rubbers and it works like a top.

The p-21 needs about the same I think, but I did have it running also. The p-12 popped on a prime, so that seems hopeful too.

The partner also popped on a prime, after I put the kill switch in the right position.....:dizzy: I have to take a pic of the coil and see if it looks familiar to you guys. It needs an air filter and the fuel line from the tank to the carb is completely MIA for some reason.

All in all, not a bad day!!:clap:

Just a tease as to what is coming in the mail for me next week.
Bob
sany0051.jpg

PIONEER008.jpg

PIONEER010.jpg

PIONEER005.jpg

PIONEER007.jpg

Oh man I want that full wrap handle bar... please!!!!!!

That,s a real nice haul Madsaw :msp_smile:

Well some progress on the 650, had to convert the small end to suit a smaller pin, so made this bronze bush

5649721857_b57b6549b7_o.jpg

After several days of trawling through piston catalogues and other places, the closest most suitable piston i could find was this one

5649721861_c3c62ebd22_o.jpg

which is a 2mm o/size for a Suzuki TS125c (58mm) so its a 1mm overbore in the 650.

Thanks guys :msp_smile:
Its ok Jerry, one of my favourite pastimes is overboring engines, even if the cylinder was good i probably would have done it anyway, no substitute for cubes :D

Lou, everything was measured from the pin centre, same height and length. The new pin is 2mm smaller o/d, which gives the illusion.

I picked up some saws today, nothing too exciting, but here they are. They are very, very dirty.

attachment.php

P-28 and a P-21. They both run but need a bit of work. The 28 needs some a/v buffers.

attachment.php

This cute little fellow. P-12. It has been sitting for many years, but it should run too.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=180889&stc=1&d=1303423103[/IMG

This is probably the best of the bunch. P55 partner. The guy told me it runs but the coil is bad and it shuts down when it gets hot.
I don't know much about these saws, but for what I paid, the bars and chains are worth it.

If the partner is as good as my other partners, I will be quite happy with it. I don't know about finding a coil, however.
I also got a p-25 electronic parts saw, and a wild thang in a bucket![/QUOTE]
Hey Chris,some new additions I see.Looks as though the plastic air filter covers are in good shape,that's a bonus
Lawrence

hi i've got my neighbors p61 and he just got some work done to it, a carb kit and spark plug i think but i can't seem to tune to where it wants to snap open.

it was at H-one turn out L-one turn out when i got it and it wouldn't idle for more than a couple seconds.

now it will idle for awhile at L-1 and 3/4 turns out i think but wont rev up (it quits) and it still doesnt idle very well.

does anyone know the jet settings on this saw ? how about the screw on the otherside of the carb ? its tight in, is that right ?

thanks

What carb is on it? Walbro or Tillotson? Usually 1 to 1 1/2 turns will get you close. Was the carb rebuild done correctly? It may have other issues.

Latest posts

Back