pioneer p-20

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kham0315

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know much about it but it was free so I took it. Guy said it ran when he put it down. I dumped the old fuel put in some fresh fuel and she fired up after about 10 pulls. I couldnt believe it. Any ideas on what year this might be? The only issue I see is the pull start needs to be cleaned up, doesnt like to retrac, one of the screws holding it on is siezed so i am working on that now. View attachment 295866View attachment 295867

thanks for the link warped5. wow do I really need to run this at 16:1 pre-mix. It was running good on my 50:1 av gas and amsoil dominator.

You're welcome.

The 16:1 was specified when the mix oils were not as of the high quality we have today. I run all my stuff at 40:1 using Opti-2 and have no issues. I would think your mix would be OK.

The "High" side is fixed on that saw. By "fixed", i mean non-adjustable. You only have a low side, and idle adjustment. Not to worry, as the ones I have seen, seem to be plenty rich on the top-end anyway. The two I have,certainly are. I run my two on 32:1 Amsoil Sabre, and they love it.

They certainly are not the fastest saws out there, but it is kinda amazing that Pioneer stuffed 51cc's in that small chassis.

Last edited:
Should be a tag underneath with the model number and year of manufacture.

I dont know much about it but it was free so I took it. Guy said it ran when he put it down. I dumped the old fuel put in some fresh fuel and she fired up after about 10 pulls. I couldnt believe it. Any ideas on what year this might be? The only issue I see is the pull start needs to be cleaned up, doesnt like to retrac, one of the screws holding it on is siezed so i am working on that now. View attachment 295866View attachment 295867

Don't lean on the green air filter cover when you start as they are very fragile and very hard to find. Nice pick up. These are fun old saws but give you numb hands very quickly.

Regards,

Lee:rock:

PS also forgot to tell you that the gas cap swells when wet with fuel and becomes difficult to remove, so just be aware. Very easy to pull over because they have an automatic comp release valve incorporated in the starter. Some folk think they have no compression because of that.

Last edited:
Back