Poison Ivy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggies dad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thinking about buying some poison Ivy rope, anyone use it? Likes/dislikes? Better options? My current rope is about to get retired so Iam looking for some new stuff. I climb DRT with a split tail. Thanks yall.:cheers:

It's the only rope I have used to climb on since it has come out. I love the stuff just based on the fact of it's 1.8% elongation. I use a static line on bigger trees for access but it's nice have a rope with little stretch for SRT or DdRT footlocking. I personally haven't noticed any difference between the Hi-vy or the standard color but I normally climb on the hi-vy being it is my 150' normal line and standard color is 200' for bigger stuff.
Only problem I have is that I like trying new ropes out but it is the only 1.8% elongation rope on the market and only sold by sherrill. Everytime I try something with a 2.2% rating it feels like a bungy cord after using PI for so long.

Post back how you like the rope. I don't climb much anymore, but I'm always willing to buy our climbers something new.

my favorite is velosity, it has a littl tac to it that makes it easy to foot-lock.

What I dislke about PI is that it is green and hard to see on the ground.

Got to climb on the new PI today, I love it. Used Bee Line and a VT and it was super smooth and held great. It was a limb walking dream. I cant wait to foot lock on it.:clap:

I must have missed this one when you posted it.

I wasn't crazy about the PI when I first bought it. It sat in the truck quite a bit. I was slow to warm to it but it really grew on me after awhile (pun intended :D). I really love it now. I have been climbing on it almost exclusively for three years now. I am climbing on a VT with an HRC I2I. Love it.

Last edited:
Back