Poll: How bad is your CAD?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many saws do you own, running condition only.

• 1-2

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 34 19.0%
  • 7-8

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • 9-10

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 11-12

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 13-14

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 15-16

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 17-20

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 20+

Votes: 23 12.8%

• Total voters

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
It has been in many threads, but either I can't work the search function or a poll has never been listed.

How many saws do you have? I have 14 running if I remembered them all. Close to 20 if you include non-running.

Last edited:
Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
6400 and 2 7900's I was buyin 6401's off ebay and porting them and selling them to close friends until you cats from here started driving the price way up! I think altogether I bought 5 and two of them where fired but sellers usally said they ran good or they should of said it's getting extra air thu the crank seal

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
"Running" is the key term here I think. I have eight that run, and another 4-5 that are derelicts right now.

Everyone who knows me cannot figure out why I have 12 saws, but I just tell them I know some people who have CAD a lot worse than I do...

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
"Running" is the key term here I think. I have eight that run, and another 4-5 that are derelicts right now.

Everyone who knows me cannot figure out why I have 12 saws, but I just tell them I know some people who have CAD a lot worse than I do...

Running is key, I know somewhere out there in the AS world there is that one guy with one running saw and a hundred non-running saws. That is not CAD, that is OCD, hoarding pack rat disorder. The color Red comes to mind for some reason. :cheers:

Hugenpoet

Hugenpoet

Addicted to ArboristSite
"Only" have five, but I have "only" been a member since December 2007. The real problem is not the number itself, but the indisputable fact that I "only" really need one saw to do what I do.

Having said that, I am probably only weeks (perhaps days) away from my next saw purchase.

AND in addition, I have been acquiring chains and bars and parts and chaps, etc. at such a rapid pace that true "CAD" is the "only" possible diagnosis.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am going to let this go for about a week then do a little statistical analysis to find out what most AS members think is an "adequate" amount of saws. I am laid up for another week, so I am a little bored.

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
The real problem is not the number itself, but the indisputable fact that I "only" really need one saw to do what I do.

Thats by far the dumbest thing you have posted since you have been a member. Just cutting a Christmas tree requires multiple saws: A 395XP to fell the tree, a 346XP to trim the tree, and a 372XP to put under the tree.

Even a firewood cutter needs at least four saws. Every time the diameter of the logs goes up 2 inches, you need 10 more cc's of saw to keep up:chainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts