Poor little 441...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go

Judging from the "hinge" this one fell down the hill, the way it was intended I am sure. Notice the nice bit of rot on the stump as well. I was sure I would find a free saw laying in the brush.

Fine example of one way not to do it.

View attachment 215305

by the way, the chain was sharpened with this revolutionary tool...

[video=youtube;2idn4mnBIbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idn4mnBIbQ[/video]

You guys don't wear bike helmets in the woods? I do, I fashioned a face shield from my cars grill that fell out one day going down the road. I used to rest of the mesh grill and strapped it to a pair of old pants that I cut the back off of for chaps, they will stop you chain just as fast as any other chaps out there, trust me they save my life everyday. I use a chain grinder similar to the one posted above, I sharpen both ends of the cutter so when my chain gets dull from cutting up sheet metal to do body work on my car I just flip it around and rock on. The guy in the video looked like he hadn't put any bar oil in his saw. I use vegetable oil in mine...it smells great!

That poor saw i feel so bad for such a nice saw:cry: having to put up with morons using them. I know guy who would love that saw and give it the proper care and respect

doesn't look like he knows how to sharpen a chain,, what was worst was the dumbazz at the bottom of the hill

Back