Porting 441 CM flooding?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgerloff92

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last week I bought a new 441 CM and with about the 6th tank through it this weekend it really came alive. I have ported many past saws and my last 70cc saw was a Husqavarna 570 that I ported an had great results with. So I ported my 441 today and got it back together. Put some fuel in it and it started right up. I let it warm up for a might and grabbed the throttle and it's throttle response was amazing. But when I started to hold it wide open it started blowing some smoke and died. So I started it back up a few times and it did the same thing. It's the m Tronic so I can't do any tuning. So I'm wondering if opening up everything could have caused it to flood??

I believe you have to tune it in the cut, or you could damage your saw. Maybe im wrong.

the autotune/m-tronic saws tune themselves under load. You have to run it under consistant load for a certain amount of time. Should be in the manual.

Even under load I can't hold it wide open for more than a few seconds and it bogs out and spits smoke acting like it flooded

check to make sure the piston is in the right way. I know a guy that put one in backwards after porting, had very much the same problem.

It screams!

After letting it idle for almost a whole take it finally straightened itself out. It now screams. A perfect addition to my ported 395 xp for the big jobs. Anyone that has anything bad abou these saws just needs to run one!

Latest posts

Back