Porting auto tune huskys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id say I could be quoted a 100 or so times saying less is more on autotunes but ive only ported a few ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or ya know maybe a hundred of them.ive got 12 still on the bench right now lol
After running your saws, I'd say your wright.
Now if we could only get better build quality like the Stihl guys have.:rolleyes:

Inlet timing has been altered quite a bit, exhaust not quite as much but enough and transfers have been altered as well, compression has been raised, exhaust has been ported and air box is modified and yet I'm still to find out what they don't like.

I can tell you from a tad bit of experience that if you start out small and work your way up on the autotune saws you will find a definite point in which the gains will start turning into losses. its takes very ,very little port work on these saws to make them run very well. the machine work will net you all the intake you need without grinding any on it. near stock timing numbers on the exhaust and transfers work very well with increased compression.

What I've noticed the most from what's been done is the torque has increased quite a bit from standard and is noticeable in the cut, I carn't do to much cutting at the moment not enough for a vid anyway until the bar oiler is replaced, I did have an air leak earlier on but is now fixed and the idle has settled down and the saw sounds cleaner all round, timing was added this afternoon around 5deg and it responded well, on this particular saw when the flywheel was removed the stator behind it was actually loose, not sure if it was effecting any as it ran fine in standard form.
Be careful who you call Rookie mastermind, my experience with engines and performance probably out weighs yours, and remember what we are all playing with here, a basic 2 stroke engine with 3 or 4 wires, I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

Back