Porting auto tune huskys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your spot on brad, haven't cut with it yet so not sure, I'm going to do a muffler mod and I'm thinking some timing just to confuse it a bit more, start up wasn't to bad at least i didn't have to reset anything.

I was thinking that because I ran it a couple more times after the vid and it did get a little better, I did find out that if you hold it WOT for 90 seconds in a cut that should tune the H side and then back to idle for 90 to do the L, right or wrong not sure but I'll try it.

l am not sure about your above post buzz but basically the auto tune is consantly recallibrating itself so after each modd you may want to put it in wood and make several loaded cuts so it can optimally set itself up. While Mtronic basically does the same job it does it differently. l think autotune uses rpm to regulate fuel delivery where Mtronic actually has a sensor to measure how rich/lean the fuel mixture is. Anyway the systems are different in the way they achieve a similar result. l think Mtronic is a better system myself than autotune however both systems seem to keep the saw tuned optimaly in ALL conditions and mix ratios.

l am not sure about your above post buzz but basically the auto tune is consantly recallibrating itself so after each modd you may want to put it in wood and make several loaded cuts so it can optimally set itself up. While Mtronic basically does the same job it does it differently. l think autotune uses rpm to regulate fuel delivery where Mtronic actually has a sensor to measure how rich/lean the fuel mixture is. Anyway the systems are different in the way they achieve a similar result. l think Mtronic is a better system myself than autotune however both systems seem to keep the saw tuned optimaly in ALL conditions and mix ratios.

Valid point definitely, I'll finish the muffler and give it a shot

The one I had was slow to learn after porting. It flooded itself out at first. It would 4 stroke in the cut with a 7 pin and 20" bar.

l think the golden question is 'how long' do you need to run the saw under load for the system to recalibrate. l would imagine 5-10 cookies should be fine?? lnteresting post above from mdalvee.

How large were the ports on that one, ive got some big holes in this one as well as modified port timing so I pretty sure that little computer isn't quite sure what's going on, an now just about to put a custom ported muffler on also, so on the autotune is it an injector or a solenoid?

How large were the ports on that one, ive got some big holes in this one as well as modified port timing so I pretty sure that little computer isn't quite sure what's going on, an now just about to put a custom ported muffler on also, so on the autotune is it an injector or a solenoid?
Not very large and not a big change in port timing. The muffler had a very large outlet. I'll look for the videos on YouTube of it.

This is after a muffler mod, throttle responce is better but idle won't go any lower, muffler isn't completely finished but is enough to run it, I think I'm getting somewhere now.

I was under the impression that the AT saws adjust their own timing advance or am I wrong with the 576AT?
On another note I remember reading somewhere that these types of saws can be worked over to a point where the AT/M-Tronic can't compensate. Could be wrong there too :)

I don't think Mtonic works that way. Rich- lean ratio could only be measured directly by an oxygen sensor and there isn't one.

Back