Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention, on those straight stacks, between then I placed small pieces maybe 6 to 8 inches in length on the ends to help stabilize the stacks, or at least that is what I hope it does.

IMG_0810_zps3113c021.jpg

Since I am new to cutting and definitely stacking firewood, I figured I would give two different styles of stacking a try. Both types are where I processed the wood though I usually do it where I have the round piles. Here are pictures of both areas.

IMG_0815_zps3249113b.jpg

IMG_0704_zps19d8a3d1.jpg

I will appologise for the larger images, but the laptop I was using was overheating and in need of a cooling fan (I ordered 2) Once I fix the other one, then I'll go back to resizing the images. The laptop I'm currently using doesn't have all the programs loaded and is still doing those stupid updates even though it doesn't have all the bells n whistles the other one has.

With my other laptop being down, that's why I haven't been posting here for about a week.

I agree these stacks look very impressive!

Since I am new to cutting and definitely stacking firewood, I figured I would give two different styles of stacking a try. Both types are where I processed the wood though I usually do it where I have the round piles. Here are pictures of both areas.

IMG_0815_zps3249113b.jpg

IMG_0704_zps19d8a3d1.jpg

making stacking look like art

You do have nice stacks. But those small pieces between the rows will really slow down drying time. Blocks the wind from getten in there.

Here are my ugly piles of wood.

A couple of unsplit piles of ash and iron wood waiting to be split.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And the final product waiting to be burned.

attachment.php

I love Noodling!

I will have you know though... That 7900 will take a decent shaped round, and noodle pieces faster than a splitter could ever deal with something that big..
Long bar, sharp chain, and some horsepower will get er dun quick...:rock:

Hey Hedgerow, I agree with ya on opting for noodling over wrestling around with a big bunch of twisted wood that ain't ever gonna stack good anyway!!!!

The problem is what to do with all the noodles? That's why I'm trying to come up with a way to use all that tonnage from the splitter to press those noodles back into log form. Sure would make storing em and burning em much easier.:rock:

The problem is what to do with all the noodles? That's why I'm trying to come up with a way to use all that tonnage from the splitter to press those noodles back into log form.

We are probably getting waaaaay of topic here, but there were some threads (or Google searches) on converting newspaper into burnable 'bricks'. You might get some inspiration from those threads - but using your log splitter for this is a creative approach.

I had a neighbor come by and ask for all my noodles so that he could mix them up in his garden as mulch.

Philbert

Hey Hedgerow, I agree with ya on opting for noodling over wrestling around with a big bunch of twisted wood that ain't ever gonna stack good anyway!!!!

The problem is what to do with all the noodles? That's why I'm trying to come up with a way to use all that tonnage from the splitter to press those noodles back into log form. Sure would make storing em and burning em much easier.:rock:

My daughter uses them to bed her calves and lambs... & nephew uses them for his hogs too.
Good stuff...
:rock:

You do have nice stacks. But those small pieces between the rows will really slow down drying time. Blocks the wind from getten in there.

Well crap! Now I've got to figure out somethign else to help keep those piles upright. I have some pretty healthy winds coming in from the east and west sometimes in excess of 85mph especially during the winter months. Those are the long sides of that one pile.

Oh well, back tothe proverbial drawing board! :msp_smile:

Some people will stack a few sticks thru all three rows here and there. Seems to work pretty good. But if your getting 80 mi hr winds, Im sure they would dry in any position.

Back