Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K1 is clear here and it cost 3.79 per gallon and diesel is 10 cents higher gas on the other hand is 3.49 i use kerosene to heat my tiny work shop which is 15x15 my wood pile is terrible im down to one cord :msp_sad:

I haven't bought any K1 lately, but I've seen it over $4.50/gal, diesel is about $4.30 and rising. I've got around 2 cords left, mostly hedge.

K1 is clear here and it cost 3.79 per gallon and diesel is 10 cents higher gas on the other hand is 3.49 i use kerosene to heat my tiny work shop which is 15x15 my wood pile is terrible im down to one cord :msp_sad:

Gas just jumped to $3.95 here.:censored:

I haven't bought any K1 lately, but I've seen it over $4.50/gal, diesel is about $4.30 and rising. I've got around 2 cords left, mostly hedge.

2 cord you would be a popsicle in about 2 weeks up here.:msp_biggrin:

I will have a ton of wood for next year but working on some scraps to get me through. Havent used any other source of heat yet and cant afford to buy seasoned wood. Luckly house is well insulated and temp was 58 in nj today so stove was shut down and house only got to 69 befor I lit a fire at 10 pm. Trying not to burn wet wood. This is my 2nd year with stove and I love it and I will never be short handed on wood again because it really sucks.

Heres some of my gatherings from this season. All has been harvested from federal ground via permits and some DCNR land. I drag it home with my trusty rusty lil' "yodas". :msp_biggrin:

Woodpiles2162013004.jpg

Woodpiles2162013007.jpg

Woodpiles2162013005.jpg

Heres todays haul of sugar maple and locust.

Woodpiles2162013002.jpg

The "humble abode".

Woodpiles2162013006.jpg

And the locust pole collection. My favorite "pile". :msp_love:

Woodpiles2162013009.jpg

Heres some of my gatherings from this season. All has been harvested from federal ground via permits and some DCNR land. I drag it home with my trusty rusty lil' "yodas". :msp_biggrin:
[/IMG]

nice to see another Taco hauler :D
you might check out Northwest off-road and their HD springs for your truck...#N73450 for those loads. i ran their springs for years, trouble free...just pair them with a good set of Bilstein shocks or the ride gets kinda rough.

Do you really go thru about a cord a week? I did not think that was even possable.:msp_ohmy:

I don't know about Stihl023/5 but I can go through a cord a week easily with my OWB. I've got about 9 cords left and that will get me into May now that the coldest part of the winter is over. With the warmer temps of this past week I only used about 2/3rds of a cord. Through the summer when we only use the OWB for hot water I use about a cord a month.

A well-insulated house isn't hard to heat. My brother had a small 2-bedroom house that he'd heat with one armload of splits per 24 hours. Yup, one arm-load. Other than a couple of rads in the far rooms, that's all it cost him to heat.

I went out cutting in the slash piles in the bush nearby one day and brought him a good load in the half-ton, he said he heat the house almost all winter with that single load.

Heres todays haul of sugar maple and locust.

Looks like you have been having too much fun.
That is quite the load on that "yoda"
:clap:

A well-insulated house isn't hard to heat. My brother had a small 2-bedroom house that he'd heat with one armload of splits per 24 hours. Yup, one arm-load. Other than a couple of rads in the far rooms, that's all it cost him to heat.

I went out cutting in the slash piles in the bush nearby one day and brought him a good load in the half-ton, he said he heat the house almost all winter with that single load.

Wow, thats pretty good! How much insulation does he have in walls and ceiling? And what sort of windows?

Do you really go thru about a cord a week? I did not think that was even possable.:msp_ohmy:

Sarcasm, more like a month maybe less with these teen degree days. But I would hate to have to run the other funace more than I would like too.:msp_ohmy:

That is impressive.

Added another 1/4 cord rack to the cord rack yesterday. Also is my side 1/2 cord rack by the shed for overflow. Having the racks on the side of the driveway makes easy access to the wood for burning in the backyard firepit!

Ya know, Hedgerow, if ya got one of those tri-axle 40 footers you could haul twice as much at one time.

Latest posts

Back