Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4sbabm.jpg
40 cords out the door

Wow, I thought I was hot **** with my five cords of walnut, 3 cords of elm and one of mixed wood, you sire, have put me to shame, pile looks good tho, lot of work there

At the moment, I have 4 woodpiles, I'm attaching a pic of one of them. The one next to my house, that I feed my wood heater with, isn't a pile, it's a stack. The others are in the woods, and they are piles on pallets. I fill up the front end loader, which holds a lot of wood because I have forks on it and a plywood platform on the forks. I dump the split wood on a big piles, the pile in my pic is around 8 feet high. I ain't stackin' because I just don't have time to do it, I dump and run. People tell me that the insides of these big dumped piles won't dry. Maybe it's an issue, maybe not. I plan to draw from the outside layers of those piles and sell/give away the wood. I'm starting a new pile right now, I'm clearing out some of my woods, the firewood is a byproduct. pile.JPG I'll find out soon enough just how seasoned the outside layers of these piles are gonna be.

That is what firewood dealers do with their processed wood. Wind, sun and time will give you some nice wood. Beautiful spot there chucker, any man would be proud to own it.

Latest posts

Back