Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate mud season . My upper field will be like this till mid June and then it’ll still be wet because of the springs . I shouldn’t complain my drinking water comes out of the mountain into a cistern and runs 24/7 with the overflow going into the stream I have no well, my nieghbors well is over 400 feet and he has to conserve water.

Had to use the backhoe to pull myself out . All to get my splitter but I moved some two year old splits from the pile to the stacking area
55DF7DDD-AF8B-49EF-880E-4923BFC6C67F.jpeg72643D2F-2791-40B8-B7C0-9A6D3A4321F3.jpeg

Well damn I need to get more pallets . Used over 25 on the new stacks these should last a while all pressure treated and has 5/4 decking boards . Still have 5 cord sitting on old ones but as soon as I step on the slats they break . Found some cherry and HVBW at the bottom of one the rounds piles . So far I have a little bit over 21 cord stacked . And I estimate 10 in rounds and logs . I need to get it bucked split and stacked . Promised the wife I wouldn’t get more till I had the area cleaned up. And a buddy called last night seems his sister had 3 white oaks come down the other night and needs a ton of ash taken down .
Nice thing is I leave some split wood for her and her boys clean up the brush
View attachment 975305View attachment 975307View attachment 975306
Explain to your wife that standing dead ash get more dangerous every day so you need to take a short break from the clean up. I presume she already knows that it makes great firewood and there will be little ash to be had soon.

Ron

I hate mud season .

We have very little mud at our place, not much water stands because we’re on a hill. This was the morning after a rain a couple years ago. I went back and raked the mud back into the tracks before it dried. I didn’t get stuck. When I couldn’t make it up the hill, I just went back down the hill. I’ll get chains for the machine one of these days, I see loggers in pictures and videos use them without mud or snow.

36561974-60B3-46FB-9A3C-255248904E4C.jpeg
7DEAC505-CC54-46A2-B4FE-A98C5ADDCF06.jpeg
07F0E609-8459-4F6D-B42F-C1E84D7DEB8C.jpeg

Explain to your wife that standing dead ash get more dangerous every day so you need to take a short break from the clean up. I presume she already knows that it makes great firewood and there will be little ash to be had soon.

Ron
It’s not going anywhere pretty much in a field so no danger them dropping

Ron
I tell that to my wife everytime I drop another one that is either dead or on it's way to being dead. We got hit by Ash blight that is killing all of ours. No EAB in them yet.

I have the same one. Got it in 2006. Mostly for plowing snow in the driveway and running around the property. It's a beast. Original tires. Original brakes. Has about 600 miles on it.View attachment 975973
Mine has about 200 miles on it . Everything is original on mine too but I do need to change the right front tire or tube it sidewalls are dry rotted and it leaks down .

Back