Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few pics from my upstairs window, I couldn't get a decent pic from ground level.

Closest stacked wood is about 2 cord, mostly oak with some maple and hickory mixed in. Next to that is about 4 cord of 1 year CSS hickory and cherry for next year.

Here is all the wood I brought home and still have to split. Mostly oak with some maple, cherry, and hickory thrown in along with a load of tulip poplar. Too bad the poplar doesn't burn long because it was a pleasure to load compared to the oak, it was like loading styrofoam in comparison to the good hard woods.

A ground pic of some of the wood.

heres a pic of my little 4x8 trailer.

Very nice wood! Lot of trips with that trailer I bet!

Here are some pictures of mine wood splitting area.

(One sees the shortend of one pile on last picture - not
the long side - so it is bigger than one might infer from
picture ... :) :) :) .)

I have 6 or so more deacent sized trees coming in next
week plus perhaps 25 or so small ones (nor requiring
chopping) - then I am done for this season ... .

Good wood! Is that just one winters worth for you?

Very nice wood! Lot of trips with that trailer I bet!

I never over load the trailer, at least I don't think I do since I never weighed it I can't be certain. I get about a 1/3 of a cord per trip. I works out good though. bust my but cutting and loading then I take a break and drive home to unload and finish my break on the drive back to the wood about 15 minutes each way. I get a load in 1.5 hours including drive time. I like the small trailer because I can move it around easy, most of the time I just drag it around by hand. The best thing about the trailer is how low it is to the ground, it makes it easy to load the bigger rounds. I can't imagine having a full size pickup especially a 3/4 ton or 1 ton. even lifting a few small 12" rounds must get tiring. I use these
attachment.php

all I do is squat down, hook the log and walk to the trailer and place the round on the floor, no extra lifting.

I never over load the trailer, at least I don't think I do since I never weighed it I can't be certain. I get about a 1/3 of a cord per trip. I works out good though. bust my but cutting and loading then I take a break and drive home to unload and finish my break on the drive back to the wood about 15 minutes each way. I get a load in 1.5 hours including drive time. I like the small trailer because I can move it around easy, most of the time I just drag it around by hand. The best thing about the trailer is how low it is to the ground, it makes it easy to load the bigger rounds. I can't imagine having a full size pickup especially a 3/4 ton or 1 ton. even lifting a few small 12" rounds must get tiring. I use these

all I do is squat down, hook the log and walk to the trailer and place the round on the floor, no extra lifting.

About what I get with the tractor tote box, 1/4 to 1/3rd cord. ya, its enough for a load for this neogeezer...I get more when I take the dual axle trailer, but cant take that thing everywhere.

Yep, those log holder grabber tools look cool, I should get one.

Good wood! Is that just one winters worth for you?

The wood is a mixture of virtually all trees you kind find
around here, plus a little of a few more "imported" ones
... .

The total volume will be around 200 cubic meters stacked
... . (You can see all three stacks I have on the tree pictur-
es attached ... .)

I use exceptional amounts of firewood, but still it will last
for at least three years ... .

I have started to sell some - a bit of a problem (for me at
least) is to find customers who understand the right value
of firewood - so I am keeping this low until I find the right
customers - but as I am getting more an more tree cutting
opportunities it seems (for builders etc) I will have to exp-
and my sellin side ... . I do not really need the money tho-
ugh, even if not being very rich on the other hand ... .

here is a load of Maple on the trailer along with one of my little helpers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

here is a load of Maple on the trailer along with one of my little helpers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

hey Dave, nice load of wood, cute kid too :). Just don't be upset if he doesn't get it all cut with that little chain saw LOL
But ya can tell him he's going too slow and watch the look on his face when he tries harder :) I did that to my granddaughter and she suddenly got the look of total determination LMAO

Nice photos.

Sorry, but the 'Safety Guy' has to ask, 'No PPE'?

Wedges or spacers to hold up the planks?

Philbert

No PPE req'd, I've got God on speed-dial.

Don't know why there aren't any spacers in this pic, I'd been using some all the way thru the process ... the FIL must've had a big dinner and had energy to spare ....:pumpkin2:

slick! I build...errr linear leaning zoggenstackenzheaps........custom design..uhh...

I got nuthin cool, just a decent amount now

Like I told my neighbor when they told me how their friends were making comments to the affect "Why don't your piles look as nice as her round piles?" I told my neighbor, their wood piles had character, mine were just different! (just like me!)

It doesn't matter if y'all have a pile of randomly thrown firewood, a nice neat uniform pile, some creative pile, a round pile, or any other kind of pile. As far as I'm concerned, they're all cool!

Like I told my neighbor when they told me how their friends were making comments to the affect "Why don't your piles look as nice as her round piles?" I told my neighbor, their wood piles had character, mine were just different! (just like me!)

It doesn't matter if y'all have more air up and throuh over what I was getting. a pile of randomly thrown firewood, a nice neat uniform pile, some creative pile, a round pile, or any other kind of pile. As far as I'm concerned, they're all cool!

Mine are getting better, but I am more concentrating on up off the ground more. Lots more air flow than before.

Latest posts

Back