Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, BillNole.

I've put this Fiskars through knots and crotches that I wouldn't even dare to with a maul. I too purchased the axe with the 36" handle, being right at six foot tall. I've tried using the maul since then, and I just can't seem to get the momentum going like I used to... or maybe I'm forgetting how many hits it took... Regardless, if the X-27 doesn't split 'em, they get thrown aside for wedging, noodling, or to be split with the splitter. It'll be a cold day in hell before I lift an eight pound maul again.

Haulin' Ash!

Found a big old Ash at the neighbor's lot yesterday. He has a tree service, and lets me scavenge from the piles he brings back from the various jobs. If I don't take it, he just burns the piles.

First pic is the loaded truck. If it was a long drive, I'd worry about piling this much on a half-ton pickup but it's only a mile and a half.

Second pic is everything split and stacked in the shed. This tree was nearly all dead and dry, with a few live branches.

Found a big old Ash at the neighbor's lot yesterday. He has a tree service, and lets me scavenge from the piles he brings back from the various jobs. If I don't take it, he just burns the piles.

First pic is the loaded truck. If it was a long drive, I'd worry about piling this much on a half-ton pickup but it's only a mile and a half.

Second pic is everything split and stacked in the shed. This tree was nearly all dead and dry, with a few live branches.

Nice! You can't beat that.

Getting closer... Should be full by July 1!!!
Then start cutting logs again...
:rock:

298699d1370442348-ocd-jpg

Wow, that looks great! :msp_thumbup: Looks like you just swept the place before you took the picture. :hmm3grin2orange:

Been splitting out by the log pile and hauling it around...
And yes, it gets swept pretty regularly... When I'm noodling bigs, I make a hell of a mess...

Ayuh,
I figured as much..... :msp_thumbup:

That area was also the "gathering spot" for the GTG I had this spring. I got a 40" moveable fire pit we just set in the middle of the concrete and light it up... You guys need to make a GTG...
We had AS members from 12 different states...

Including New York...
:msp_sneaky:

Probly won't be haulin' too far without losin' at least "a couple" sticks.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Nope... Bout a hundred feet or so.
Lost the saw first, then kicked a few off getting the saw back...
Check the muffler mod out on that little Stihl...
That was his own doing... Freaking deafening...:msp_rolleyes:

I love that "sofa". Very artistic and looks quite comfy, too. Good Job!:msp_thumbup:

Ron

Thanks Ron, and yes it is comfy ! 4 pieces of threaded rod thru-and-thru (one in each corner) guarantee it won't get loose anytime soon, so no-one spills their drink when the big guy sits down ! It's just a tad high for the FIL, he's got short stubby little legs .... :msp_tongue:

Wood delivery!

Got some standing dead delivered today courtesy of that big storm that went through earlier this evening. Boom, whoosh, smash!

It doesn't get any handier than this, about half a dozen big branches landed right on and in front of woodstack area #1 here.....

attachment.php

Bonus pic..inspirational from pygmy swamp wookie..to be a good firewooder you have to have determination and focus....

attachment.php

I have to take that whole tree down..grumble...have to finish moving more stuff out of the way and then drop it between two trees uphill from it that I want to save. Most likely put a line on it for safety. Unfortunately it is sweetgum..or fortunately, whatever, lotta saw trigger time, gonna cut to size and noodle the entire thing. Proly around 3 cord in it if I milk it out good. It took a major serious lightning hit and, all gone, dried up. Not a single live leaf on it.

Back