Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And at least from the top, a beauty of a 65.
It was seized when I bought it. First saw I rebuilt from a full case split. Found a parts saw and made it into a real nice runner, starts in two pulls. Lots of torque.
ff819ab8e5be0505688253dc9d917fbc.jpg
9e84ca95015dd8ca767a4cfbec6f3e44.jpg

Brian

I guess I need a longer bar to noodle. Once the tip starts cutting it doesn't really self feed.
affca195a02990e02dccbf1b2e6fd66a.jpg

Brian

I guess I need a longer bar to noodle. Once the tip starts cutting it doesn't really self feed.
It's a ripping chain if that makes any difference

Those are still 'chips'.

Noodles!.JPG

These are 'Noodles'! More photos of noodles, along with a discussion on chain type, in this thread:
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/what-would-be-the-best-chain-for-noodling.249146/

If your bar is not long enough, you can also hold the bar at an angle, such as in this video (may have to watch it on YouTube):

Less chopping of the tough wood fibers/grain, and more cutting with the softer 'pith'(?).

Philbert

Tree monkeyed 562 is the angriest saw I've ever run. I'll take my chances as whatever comes out next may certainly have some teething problems.
I agree totally unless I know the people personally doing the testing, or have some great insight on the new technology.
I like to let others be on the front lines and work the bugs out of the "beta" versions:envy:.

Back