Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my ported open port 268 is probably like a stock 262 only considerably heavier? Dam that sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meant nothing by it. Didnt know those pics where old. Good thing you had them for just such an occasion. You could have kept me from looking dumb. Ha

I didn't post them to make you look dumb, you done a good job of that already. :ices_rofl:

I weigh a lot of the saws that I get when first go over them. I weigh them for myself and my own records.

Then I know when someone around here is BS's or trying to piss on my leg and tell me that its raining or that I must have a open port saw. :laugh:

I didn't post them to make you look dumb, you done a good job of that already. :ices_rofl:

I weigh a lot of the saws that I get when first go over them. I weigh them for myself and my own records.

Then I know when someone around here is BS's or trying to piss on my leg and tell me that its raining or that I must have a open port saw. :laugh:
Google has let me down again......sheesh

You seen the picture of my saw, a XP closed port. I know a thing or two about them.

All I was saying was the 268XP has been talked up on this site for years about being so great.

Well I have a nice one and its ok, just don't impress me that much after all the hoopla about them. If only running 20" bars I'd rather run my 262. I just don't think the 268XP is all that with 24" bars in hardwood, thats all. I have worked the saw as well, real world stuff, not just cutting cookies in the back yard.

I have other saws in close to the 268's displacement that will run a 24 or longer just as good or better, thats all. View attachment 422520

Well, the max power rating of the 268xp and the 262xp actually was the same, so that way what you say adds up better than the ones saying the 268xp is much stronger.

However, the power bands will still be different, and the max power rating is just a "snapshot" of the highest point on the power curve. Max power is at higher rpm in the 262xp than in the 268xp.

Back