Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running what size bars? In what kind of wood?

I have ran a 6400 with a 28" bar on it in hardwood and no way a 268XP hangs with that.

Don't get me wrong, the 268 is a fine saw, but it like some others have been put on a pedestal around here for sometime and it just don't live up to the hype for me. Its not as overrated around here though as say a MS460 is. :laugh:
Gotta agree with you on the 460. I bought one based on what I read on this board and ran it once before trading it off. What a slug.

Gotta agree with you on the 460. I bought one based on what I read on this board and ran it once before trading it off. What a slug.
Was it open or closed port? I have a 268xp I will sell soon and it is very strong. It surprised me when I cut with it. If you guys arent impressed or if your 268s are slugs they were probably open port. But if you ever ran a closed port 268 you would see its a totally different saw.

Can confirm that open port 268 isn't an inspiring saw.
However - dad bought it to replace a knackered Mac 250 super and he has a soft spot for it. Damn thing has never missed a beat and still has 165psi of compression. Pulls well enough with a 20" bar, but that's all. (Aussie hardwood, yada, yada).
I'd call it about even for torque with a stock 562.

Was it open or closed port? I have a 268xp I will sell soon and it is very strong. It surprised me when I cut with it. If you guys arent impressed or if your 268s are slugs they were probably open port. But if you ever ran a closed port 268 you would see its a totally different saw.
I couldn't tell you, this was a mint MS460 that I scored at a pawn shop. It didn't impress me cutting beside my 562 so I traded it to DexterDay (Kennis) who then traded it to Mastermind, who then turned it into an angry monster.

You seen the picture of my saw, a XP closed port. I know a thing or two about them.

All I was saying was the 268XP has been talked up on this site for years about being so great.

Well I have a nice one and its ok, just don't impress me that much after all the hoopla about them. If only running 20" bars I'd rather run my 262. I just don't think the 268XP is all that with 24" bars in hardwood, thats all. I have worked the saw as well, real world stuff, not just cutting cookies in the back yard.

I have other saws in close to the 268's displacement that will run a 24 or longer just as good or better, thats all. P1000399 (Custom).JPG

You seen the picture of my saw, a XP closed port. I know a thing or two about them.

All I was saying was the 268XP has been talked up on this site for years about being so great.

Well I have a nice one and its ok, just don't impress me that much after all the hoopla about them. If only running 20" bars I'd rather run my 262. I just don't think the 268XP is all that with 24" bars in hardwood, thats all. I have worked the saw as well, real world stuff, not just cutting cookies in the back yard.

I have other saws in close to the 268's displacement that will run a 24 or longer just as good or better, thats all. View attachment 422520
No disagreement here. Who wouldnt grab their 262 over a 268 any day.

Oh wow that's quite a difference, I need to find one, what would be comparable in the 3XX series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back