Poualn pro 655bp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked this up Monday. Fellow bought it to clean up storm damage in 1990 and used it very little since. I always regretted selling my other one years back. I would prefer this saw over a Stihl mag II. I am also looking for a full wrap handle and the filtration upgrade for it.

Last edited:
I have the new HD air filter upgrade manifolds for these but I think I'm skinny on the actual filters. The good thing though is that there's an equivalent size still available from K&N, who made the original HD filters for these anyway.

I really like that saw, I'm going to have to find one someday. I think Baileys still carries the K&N filter setup. The part numbers were posted not to long ago in the pioneer thread.
Congrats Kevin

Arrowhead posted this a while back, you'll need to add 507 to the prefix of the number.
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae72/arrowheadpioneer/IMG_3544.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have to eliminate the filter cover with this kit?

The original cover, yes, but there is a cover that comes with the kit to close the top back up and not leave the airbox open like some of the K&N filter setups do. One on my saw,

Christmas%202010%20230.jpg

The manifolds I have are exactly like the one on Jerry's saw. I have two of those original filters on my own saws. I don't think Bailey's has these anymore. I called and asked about them and received only tepid mumbling as a reply. "Air filter for a Pioneer/Poulan???"

The manifolds I have are exactly like the one on Jerry's saw. I have two of those original filters on my own saws. I don't think Bailey's has these anymore. I called and asked about them and received only tepid mumbling as a reply. "Air filter for a Pioneer/Poulan???"

Yep, same response for this saw when I asked.

attachment.php

Now thats a sweet and clean 655
you found. I have a passion for those
old Pioneer - Poulan 100ccers.
I do agree, A full wrap and westy dogs
would make it come alive as well as the
filter kit.
I too would like to find one of the west
coast filter kits.

Lee

I sent a PM out yesterday about getting the Pioneer/Partner decals made for the top of the Heavy duty filter. I'll let you know what I find out.

Edit: Nice saw Thomas, sorry for taking the thread off topic a little.

Last edited:
Robert Andrews (Rotax Robert) has or used to have one. Heck it might have been Dennis Cahoon's at one point if I remember correctly. That thing was ported and had a bigger carb on it. He was runnin' a chain filed by Art Martin... Holy cats that thing would rip through a 30" cottonwood at the local log shows here...

Gary

Will this filter adapter fit a P-61 also?

Nice saw, Thomas. I was over your way the other night, but too short to look you up. That, and tornadoes were all over the place.

Latest posts

Back