Poulan 220LE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdHunter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
There is an auction near here Saturday that has 3 saws listed on the bill.

JD 50V
Stihl Farm Boss
Poulan 220LE

I have found all of the info on the Stihl and the John Deere, but haven't found anything on the Poulan. Does anyone know anything about that model?
Are any of the three worth going to see ?

Thanks

Im bumping this old thread because I picked up one of these today like new real cheap, but owner said chain tensioner was busted. I looked on Poulan's website, and it doesnt show the tensioner at all. I really havent had time to investigate much, been busy all day. Anyone have one, or info?

Bowtie, I'm not sure that the adjuster assy is on the 220 IPL because it probably came with the Intenz bar.

Those bar covers were pretty much the same on that series of saw so use part # 530069611.

Thats the adjuster kit not just the screw.

That saw really needs the muffler modded bad. Do that and tune the carb and it will be a alright little knock around limb saw.

At least its a chrome bore saw. Send me your email if you want the IPL.

Thats what I was starting to think. I need to go out to the truck and get the damn thing and look at it. Im gonna clean it up, mod the muffler and sell it. Im ratholing money for a new wood furnace, selling everything I dont need.

Ok pull-on experts. Does the stupid Intenz bar adjuster adjust against the bar stud, or is there a part missing from this thing?

its Poulan!!:deadhorse: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: btw i think it does but im not sure

I know, I know. Its not like Im keeping it. Im gonna clean it up and sell it. I been wheelin and dealin a lot lately. This little turd is almost brand new. I just called my cousin (previous owner) and asked him why the chain wouldnt adjust. He said, "well I threw the chain and went to put it back on and the adjuster was gone!". I asked him if he knew the adjuster was in the bar. He said, "HUH?"

I will be selling this thing just as soon as I service it and mod the muffler.

I know, I know. Its not like Im keeping it. Im gonna clean it up and sell it. I been wheelin and dealin a lot lately. This little turd is almost brand new. I just called my cousin (previous owner) and asked him why the chain wouldnt adjust. He said, "well I threw the chain and went to put it back on and the adjuster was gone!". I asked him if he knew the adjuster was in the bar. He said, "HUH?"

I will be selling this thing just as soon as I service it and mod the muffler.

that is funny if you mod it you may end up not wanting to get rid of it

Bowtie,
I started the original thread to see what info I could find out about the Poulan before going to a auction. When I got there the saw was pretty well run out and I didn't even bid on it. So I don't have the part you need.

I have CAD so try to pickup old ones only and get them back in running shape.

What part of Central KS are you located in? I am in Elk County.

Im in Central Kansas, North of Salina a little ways. A good friend of mine lives in Northern Elk Co, between Howard and Eureka.

Latest posts

Back