Poulan Farm Hand not oiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I put the new oil pump in today. Started the saw up and just a trickle came out. Now I'm back to checking the tank again. Didn't see anything in the way of sawdust or dirt in it, so must be a defective line or something. It's gonna be difficult getting inside that oil tank to get the line out but maybe I can get it out. The saw does oil some, but not nearly as good as the little poulan saws that I own. By the way, the old oil pump did have damaged gear teeth on it, so I did some good, I guess.

Well, I put the new oil pump in today. Started the saw up and just a trickle came out. Now I'm back to checking the tank again. Didn't see anything in the way of sawdust or dirt in it, so must be a defective line or something. It's gonna be difficult getting inside that oil tank to get the line out but maybe I can get it out. The saw does oil some, but not nearly as good as the little poulan saws that I own. By the way, the old oil pump did have damaged gear teeth on it, so I did some good, I guess.

Recently I checked my PP220 oiler and when I reved the engine to half throttle for a few seconds the amount of oil output was just a trickle . I then cleaned the bar and cut some wood . The chain was well lubricated and it cut well .

I finally got out to the garage to work on the saw. I took the bar off and then the clutch and pump. I used pressurized air to blow into the hole where the pump was and it blew oil out of where the oil cap was; so I guess that part is ok now. I put it back together but as of yet I haven't run the saw. I thought I'd wait until it warms up around here to do any further work. I don't need the saw anyway; I have 7 or 8 other saws to use if the need arises. I'll probably clean the bar again just to make sure oil goes through it.

Latest posts

Back