poulan micro xxv

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poulan micro xxv check valve

hi all just to let you all know that i have sorted my saw out just needed a new check valve had to get one from the USA living in the UK no one had one over here its not that easy trying to get parts for these saws in the UK every were i looked i ended up finding the parts in the USA can be a little :chainsaw:some times but i got there in the end anyway cheers for all your help :clap:

Glad the check valve was a success for you. As for me I checked my pump and air only moves one way so it is fine. Nothing clogged in the pump. Brand new line. Brand new check valve. ATF in the tank. Still no oil.

hi all been sorting this little poulan micro xxv deluxe saw out was given to me by a mate but new nothing about it seems the oiler is not working and its smokes a lot think its the check valve just need to find one from some were if any one knows were to get one would be helpful so i can start to get the engine running right also not sure what engine cc it is been looking on net getting diffrent answers can any one tell me what it really is cheers phil

i've got a working poulan micro xxv and one for parts. both for $25.00 plus shipping.

Any chance one has a chain brake ?

Brian i will look at the one i have when you say chain brake you referring to the band or a complete setup ?

i will look at the one i have tommmorrow evening have to pull a homelite 240 fuel tank for a customer off one of the 240 parts saws i have

well got to go for now have alot to do

before midnight

presure

Glad the check valve was a success for you. As for me I checked my pump and air only moves one way so it is fine. Nothing clogged in the pump. Brand new line. Brand new check valve. ATF in the tank. Still no oil.
sounds like you could have a problem with the oil tank leaking pressure from some were when it builds up pressure if that is the case then you might have to do a total strip down of the engine so you can split the two cases in half to see if one might have a crack in it or putting new sealant on the two half's might do the trick ???? if it wont build up pressure it wont pump oil

Well, I aint got much hair to pull out to help ya, but if all is like you say, it should be working.

Gotta be something simple now. You sure the passage way between the check valve and the tank is clear?

Complete setup. Thanks.

You gonna turn into a werewolf or pumpkin or something ???

nope just bed time at midnight i normally wait up till then that way i can get some rest during the wee hrs of the morning

oh i looked at that micro no brake on it just a wrap handle

but i did find something that may interest you all

oil pump 530069218

Last edited:
where?

I'm not so sure I would use mineral sprits as it maybe hard on the check valves. I like to use ATF for such things, as it is thin enough to flow and has alot of detergents to clean stuff up. Straight kerosene is another option that I have used.

Scott did bring up a good point about the weight of the oil, real heavy, sticky oil and cold do not mix well in these and impulse oilers sometimes.

Another thing is if your useing the check valve from a parts saw it also maynot be any good. Get a new one, there less then $5.

where?i tryed sears and it says no longer available?

Back