Poulan Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. I would LOVE to put a shorty bar on it, but not until the 3 chains are gone (yeah, came with TWO spares). I'll hold off on th emods for a whil, too. My bud's been out of work for some time, and is just getting back on his feet. This was an act of desparation for him, and I'm a bit sympathetic. For that reason, I told him I'd hold if for awhile and let him reclaim it for the $50 once paychecks started streaming in again. So, it's just a VERY occaisional saw for now. I do need to establish a "offer's over" point so the deal can be closed, don't want this hanging on forever...

Does anyone know where Poulan Pro 505 can be purchased new?I checked the lawn station site and only the small saws were listed.

Last edited:
RaisedByWolves said:
What about the 655?:popcorn:
I would say that the old Pioneer designs inherited from Pioneer/Partner is yet another category of Poulan Pros, and I know little about them, except that they are read valve and very heavy for their displacement.

I have a Poulan Pro, 20" bar, maybe 5 tanks of fuel through it. It does not properly oil the bar, read NO OIL. I had to manually put oil on it. The saw regurgitates its oil in the case as opposed the bar. Honestly I have not looked into it too much. It could be simple, but given my respect (fear) of chainsaws I wasn't going to screw around with a questionable saw. I have rebuilt my old Cub Cadet 1450, my old LawnBoy and other things along the way but just don't really feel comfortable messing around with a saw. So it pretty much sits. I have an old Homelite that ran great until the pull string spring broke, this is why I bought the Poulan, I thought it was comparable. The old homelite always started no matter how long it sat and always had enough power, but given my addiction to tools I had to have something new.

As far as Poulan Pro goes, find a way to keep the oil inside the machine and then on the bar vs. being vommitted inside the storage case.

Good Luck,

Bryan

What model

Baron11 said:
I have a Poulan Pro, 20" bar, maybe 5 tanks of fuel through it. It does not properly oil the bar, read NO OIL. I had to manually put oil on it. The saw regurgitates its oil in the case as opposed the bar. Honestly I have not looked into it too much. It could be simple, but given my respect (fear) of chainsaws I wasn't going to screw around with a questionable saw. I have rebuilt my old Cub Cadet 1450, my old LawnBoy and other things along the way but just don't really feel comfortable messing around with a saw. So it pretty much sits. I have an old Homelite that ran great until the pull string spring broke, this is why I bought the Poulan, I thought it was comparable. The old homelite always started no matter how long it sat and always had enough power, but given my addiction to tools I had to have something new.

As far as Poulan Pro goes, find a way to keep the oil inside the machine and then on the bar vs. being vommitted inside the storage case.

Good Luck,

Bryan
Bryan , what model is your Poulan ?

hmmmm...?

I don't really know. It is a pro model that is supposed to have longer service life, black and yellow, 40something cc and a 20" bar, with the chain brake bar on front. About 2 years old. I will go look at the model number when I get home. I think it is a 295 but don't hold me to it.

Regards,

Bryan

Vman said:
hey, looky here!! new poulan 4HP "ELECTRIC"!!! this must be one of those new "hybrid" thing-a-ma-jiggies.....LOL. i wonder if anyone really bites on this one thinking it is electric!!
I asked the seller if the saw really had an electric motor - he insisted that it had! :yoyo:

For some reason my question doesn't show up when I open the link today...:confused:

SawTroll said:
I asked the seller if the saw really had an electric motor - he insisted that it had! :yoyo:

For some reason my question doesn't show up when I open the link today...:confused:
ahhhhh!! than i guess the pull-start-handle must be for "cycling" the oil pump. it is beginning to make sense now!! you pull the start-handle, it turns the oil pump, and u VOILA!!, u have oil on the bar/chain!! what will they think of next??:laugh:

Hi Barron, The Poulan pro (40cc) that you have oils thru the holes that are located on each side of the slot in the bar.Both holes are open to the groove that the chain ride in.This is so you can flip the bar when needed. Most saws have a seperate hole just for oiling,if you have the wrong bar,it won't oil the chain.Also if debri gets in between the bar and the case,the oil will escape thru the gap the debre provides.So, remove the bar,clean it well at the mount end, check for the correct application (041 mount) and you should be good to go.

RaisedByWolves said:
You ought to buy your friend a beer.:cheers:

Good score!

...and I missed one. Buddy calls me this morning from a tractor show/swap meet thingie - says a dude there has a running 044 for $100. And a what 034? No price tag on that one, but I can't imagine it'd be THAT much... Man, wife would kill me if she knew of the ways I'm THINKING of sneaking money over to my buddy right now...

bump_r said:
...and I missed one. Buddy calls me this morning from a tractor show/swap meet thingie - says a dude there has a running 044 for $100. And a what 034? No price tag on that one, but I can't imagine it'd be THAT much... Man, wife would kill me if she knew of the ways I'm THINKING of sneaking money over to my buddy right now...
If you can pick up the running 044 for a $100, I got the money in hand or can paypal you. Just check it out bump and let me know ok. Would give me a reason to run down and bring the makita to cut some wood with you. Keep me updated.
PM sent to bump_r also.

Latest posts

Back