poulan suprise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
pulled a a customers poulan farm hand 2775 out of my grave yard. a customer had me do a oiler repair, then never claimed. well after 2 and 1/2 years in storage with a full tank of gas i decide to start it up and see if it would be worth fixin. the little witch started after three pulls on choke and two off:jawdrop: well i i about died of laughter that a saw would even start after sittin that long with no stabilizer in the fuel. chain was ok bar was shot, so converted it from 325 to 365. now the real issue what to do leave the saw stock or modifie, me i run pro sawz only, just have the little ones for play things. never thought these throw away sawz were worth modifying. is there any .250 spur sprokets available? have no need for another major closet oil soaker in the fleet so what to do:confused: :confused: let me have for even mentioning the name of a throw away saw. what i find really find funny is it says Made in The USA:greenchainsaw:
:givebeer:

I've got a 2800 that I bought to cut a few trees about 11 years ago. I thought it would die a horrible death and I would then get a real saw. I ran it for eight years before it stopped working. A new impulse line and a carb kit fixed it, and I take it whenever I go to cut up in the Ochocos. Always starts, cuts smaller stuff well. My only complaint is the antivibe is worn. Your farmhand is from the same era, I think, and there should be a market for that saw. It is a great size for camping, or throwing in the back of the truck. Have fun with it. I haven't seen to many of that series of saws in Prineville. Lots of Homelites (I think we have at least 7 150's floating around, and a couple SXLAO's), Mac's, a few Pioneers and Dolmars, and of course the Huskys and Stihls.

E. C. Jones

My mistake. For some reason I thought the 2775 was from the '80's, early 90's. When I look at a picture, it looks similar, but not quite the same. I still think it should be a decent saw. The price was right.

E. C. Jones

I had a 2775 until recently. FIL bought it a couple years ago at Menards for $200. Once I took the 20" bar off and put on a 16" it became a halfway decent saw. Sold it to fund the 5100. No regrets there.

Ive got a 2001 3450 poulan timber master 20" bar bought from tractor supply in 2001 for around 250.00 i didn't want to mill with my 272xp:greenchainsaw: the only real saw i had then,i've have used it on alaskan mk2 and small log mill only thing i replaced was starter rope muffler mod not the fastest but got the job done cant kill it cant beat it for the money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back