Poulan xxv parts diagram

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArkansasAdams

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a decent parts diagram with associated part #'s for the Poulan XXV s25 CVA? More to the point "today" I'm in the need of the top and bottom AV mounts (counter vibe models only) that tie the handle into the saw. The top mount is rubber block bonded to a small plate that bolts to the saw body with a theaded hole in the center that attaches to the handle via the rubber block. The lower mount almost looks as though it could be molded/bonded directly to the handle and once again from the rubber block bonded to a small plate that bolts to the saw body with a theaded hole in the center that attaches this plate back to the handle via the rubber block. See attached photos for better idea. Any help in finding these parts would be great.

Anyone know where I can find a decent parts diagram with associated part #'s for the Poulan XXV s25 CVA? More to the point "today" I'm in the need of the top and bottom AV mounts (counter vibe models only) that tie the handle into the saw. The top mount is rubber block bonded to a small plate that bolts to the saw body with a theaded hole in the center that attaches to the handle via the rubber block. The lower mount almost looks as though it could be molded/bonded directly to the handle and once again from the rubber block bonded to a small plate that bolts to the saw body with a theaded hole in the center that attaches this plate back to the handle via the rubber block. See attached photos for better idea. Any help in finding these parts would be great.

yeah, ive got a parts list for that. FYI move on to a better saw (it aint that hard)... most of the parts for that model are obsolete. Ill post it if i remember tomorrow :p

yeah, ive got a parts list for that. FYI move on to a better saw (it aint that hard)... most of the parts for that model are obsolete. Ill post it if i remember tomorrow :p

some folks do happen to have them obsolete parts by the way oh just to add to note if you would of contacted ordertree they would of gave you m y number anyway

calvin

i will check to see if i have them vibes

I have a couple of 'em. Nice saws. Both my upper mounts had broken. I used some JB Weld to glue them back together. Haven't used 'em but a couple of times, but at least initially, its holding. If you try this, make sure you clamp them with slight pressure to get a good bond.

I never even foud the correct IPL. The ones at ordertree, etc. didn't actually show the same parts as a CVA. They showed a S25DA, and an inset for an antivibe addition, but it wasn't for a CVA. If you find the correct IPL, I'd appreciate a link as well. I like these saws. Work well and are very compact.

Dan

I have a couple of 'em. Nice saws. Both my upper mounts had broken. I used some JB Weld to glue them back together. Haven't used 'em but a couple of times, but at least initially, its holding. If you try this, make sure you clamp them with slight pressure to get a good bond.

I never even foud the correct IPL. The ones at ordertree, etc. didn't actually show the same parts as a CVA. They showed a S25DA, and an inset for an antivibe addition, but it wasn't for a CVA. If you find the correct IPL, I'd appreciate a link as well. I like these saws. Work well and are very compact.

Dan

dan actually there is not any links well i take that back i will post it on my forum site in the IPl section unless you want a copy emailed to you the ipl i have is the 2300 CVA which is the same as the micro XXV CVA so if this is the same thing let me know poulan told me that the S25 series are basically the same

so if this 2300CVA ipl will work let me know

Last edited:
dan actually there is not any links well i take that back i will post it on my forum site in the IPl section unless you want a copy emailed to you the ipl i have is the 2300 CVA which is the same as the micro XXV CVA so if this is the same thing let me know poulan told me that the S25 series are basically the same

so if this 2300CVA ipl will work let me know

Thanks for all the quick replies gents. There are a few different XXV CVA models, the 25CVA and S25CVA are identical saws except for the displacement (34.5ccm vs. 38ccm) and share just about every part. Then you have the Micro XXV CVA which I have seen but never actualy fingered but from what I recall the AV set-up appears to be different so as to accommodate it's smaller frame/size. That's not saying that some of these parts wont work/interchange, I'm really not sure and hopefully someone here will know.

I agree. I've seen online IPLs for the micro CVA and it looks different from the S25CVA saws. Have yet to see an IPL for the S25 CVA saws.

Dan

Thanks for all the quick replies gents. There are a few different XXV CVA models, the 25CVA and S25CVA are identical saws except for the displacement (34.5ccm vs. 38ccm) and share just about every part. Then you have the Micro XXV CVA which I have seen but never actualy fingered but from what I recall the AV set-up appears to be different so as to accommodate it's smaller frame/size. That's not saying that some of these parts wont work/interchange, I'm really not sure and hopefully someone here will know.

on the id tag is a number if u can get me them #s it will help

on the id tag is a number if u can get me them #s it will help

ID tag....? Serial #26087655 or #26016766 (both S25 CVA) work? The only typical tag these saws have that I'm aware of is on the recoil housing where is says Beird Poulan 25 CVA-34.5ccm or respectively S25 CVA-38ccm. If I'm over looking something please let me know. Thanks,

ID tag....? Serial #26087655 or #26016766 (both S25 CVA) work? The only typical tag these saws have that I'm aware of is on the recoil housing where is says Beird Poulan 25 CVA-34.5ccm or respectively S25 CVA-38ccm. If I'm over looking something please let me know. Thanks,

maybe with this serial # they can narrow it on down now so i will contact the dealer line at husky and poulan tommorrow sometime and give them this serial # see if we can come up with the correct ipl

thanks calvin

Husky and Poulan, a match made in heavan.....................

If these guys cannot get the blowup, let me know..............

I have a poulan 2000 with a 14" bar.It is no speed demon but at times I will pick it up over the 041,670,or 372.It is a fun little saw that I bought new in about 1990 from sears.I love the lime green color.

Poulan Super XXV counter vibe model S25CVA-38CCM

hello can someone help me i am having the same problem as ArkansasAdams;946946 with my Poulan Super XXV counter vibe model S25CVA-38CCM -- I'm in the need of the top and bottom AV mounts (counter vibe models only) that tie the handle into the saw. I would appreciate any help at all thanks, Pouchbag also this is my first time replying on a site like this. please feel free to give me pointers to let me know if I am doing this right. thanks again THE POUCHBAG

Last edited:
hello can someone help me i am having the same problem as ArkansasAdams;946946 with my Poulan Super XXV counter vibe model S25CVA-38CCM -- I'm in the need of the top and bottom AV mounts (counter vibe models only) that tie the handle into the saw. I would appreciate any help at all thanks, Pouchbag also this is my first time replying on a site like this. please feel free to give me pointers to let me know if I am doing this right. thanks again THE POUCHBAG

Welcome to the world of old saws and obsolete parts. Good luck with your search.

Someone needs to see if the mounts from a 200t could be made to work for the upper mount on the cva.

Pouchbag, Here's a link to a place i've used several times to find the parts I need for my collection of Poulan S25CVA saws. Sounds like you are specifically looking for part #530023602 (bottom isolator) which you can get still get from Sears parts direct. Also it appears that you need part #530023596 (top isolator) which is a bit harder to find, although I did pick one up off of ebay about a month ago. For me these saws are great! Exteamly durable but still light weight with lots of power for a saw of its size. Parts are getting harder to find but I just keep an eye out for them and pick them up as they come availble, I'll use them someday or pass them on to the next guy that needs them. With that said let me know if you have trouble getting the parts you need as i might have them NOS or salvaged from a parts saw.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...s/Model-358350880/0247/1503220/00009495/00005

These are great saws. I have two, and a third may be on the way soon. They're my favorite brush saws. One saw has good AV, while a second needs both handlebar isolators, and the third only needs the bottom one. So........

I need two of the bottom isolators (520023602) and one of the top front isolators (530023596). Glad the bottoms ones are still available from Sears (although their shipping is pricey). I saw the 23596 isolators on feebay. He sure was proud of them (although he did have a "or best offer"). The listing ended before I could make an offer. He also had the 23602 isolators listed for less than the Sears price, but that listing is now gone too.

Latest posts

Back