Power Match Bar price check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnybar

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was just quoted the following for new bars:
423RNDD025 Oregon PM 42" .063 $80.00
243RNDD025 Oregon PM 24" .063 $55.00
Those are to my door prices...what do you guys think...can those prices be beat?

I think those prices are dirt cheap considering they include shipping. I also think the new Oregon bars aren't anywhere near the quality of the older oregon bars. The rails wear faster and you will be replacing them sooner.

Probably will jump on it in the morning. Unfortunately they are not a sponsor here. But I have contacted sponsors and also posted a "Want to Buy" with no responses. You would think shops would check mail order sales opportunities frequently...maybe the winter season has them too busy.

I think those prices are dirt cheap considering they include shipping. I also think the new Oregon bars aren't anywhere near the quality of the older oregon bars. The rails wear faster and you will be replacing them sooner.
I am not a full time sawyer, just occasional fence and creek bottom cleanup on 100 acres and occasional slabbing when a good log is down, but I am willing to pay a little more for quality. What brand and vendor would you suggest for a price that is comparatively competitive?

Cannon bars are excellent, but their initial cost is over double what you were quoted on the Oregon Powermatch. For your intended use, the Powermatch will likely serve you well.

Other good brands are tsumura, sugihara, gb.

Found a few 23" -24" Tsumara lights on ebay for 200% - 250% vs the Power Match. They had a few regular Tsumaras at about 175- 200%. Unfortunately most were not .063

Found a few 23" -24" Tsumara lights on ebay for 200% - 250% vs the Power Match. They had a few regular Tsumaras at about 175- 200%. Unfortunately most were not .063

Tsumara makes very very nice bars. If you're going to be using it much, a lightweight 24" will be a lot nicer to use than a regular weight bar. Of course they don't handle abuse as well as a solid steel bar, though.

By new do you mean Power Cut bars that replace Power Match in the new Oregon catalog?

No. I mean the new Powermatch bars vs. Powermatch bars from 15 years ago. The rails on the new bars seem soft - maybe the raw material has changed?

But at the price you paid, a guy can't complain.

Latest posts

Back